Zelda Breath of the Wild - Wii U vs. Switch

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Re: Zelda Breath of the Wild - Wii U vs. Switch

Post by fastbilly1 »

Switch

Portability is big for me, and the ability to play with the controllers split apart is huge.
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

Post by casterofdreams »

http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/01/17/ni ... f-the-wild

Went to look for that article I saw a couple of weeks ago. So resolution and sound are the two biggest things.

Wii U = 720p and Switch = 900p.
Switch has better sound.
Wii U requires 3GB to install.
Switch has those limited edition SKUs.

I'm fine with this.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Switch, ditched the WiiU and aside from being given (or almost given it is so cheap) another I'll never own that mistake again.

Even if I did, still Switch. Better system design, it's a handheld and can be docked, higher detail/resolution, better audio, and I imagine if it's not 100% stable in some places here or there Switch would have more oomph than the WiiU to maintain stability.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

fastbilly1 wrote:Switch

Portability is big for me, and the ability to play with the controllers split apart is huge.

I will be getting the Switch version and like you, I love the detached controller feel. I mentioned it in a controller thread a loooooong time ago, but this here is almost a full realization of what I consider to be the perfect controller.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:
fastbilly1 wrote:Switch

I will be getting the Switch version and like you, I love the detached controller feel. I mentioned it in a controller thread a loooooong time ago, but this here is almost a full realization of what I consider to be the perfect controller.

Ive been playing games on my treadmill using two wiimotes on a PC. This is just a far more streamline process.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

My wife was not impressed when I told her I had pre-ordered Breath of the Wild on both Wii U and Switch :P

I managed to bring her round though haha.

To be fair, owning multiple versions of the same game is common for us with Zeld though. Between us we own the loafs of different copies of Zelda games for different systems.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

Switch. I'm on board that train for sure. I'll probably try to track down a Wii U version for cheaper when I get a chance, but I'm not going to go crazy if I can't find it.

I'm also not doing the crazy collector's editions. Too rich for my blood.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Wii U - 7
Switch - 6

I counted the results (along with those double dipping on each) and I'm going to end the tie breaker up to this point and go with the Wii U version. I personally don't see $300 worth of difference.

That said, like some others here I will probably get the Switch version down the road. But I don't know when I will get a Switch.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

Xeogred wrote: I personally don't see $300 worth of difference.

I feel if I thought about new console purchases this way, I'd never buy a new console.

'I don't see £300 of difference between these 2 versions of Zelda'

'This new game looks awesome, but does it look £340 worth of awesome?'

'Sure there might be 6 games I want on this system now, but do I want to spend £500 on half a dozen games?'

I buy consoles based on potential. Sure, there's opportunity to get burned there, but I've been OK so far. Even widely considered 'disappointing' systems like Vita and Wii U have more than justified my investment.

I don't even regret getting 3DS before the £70 price drop half a year later :lol:
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

It's not about $300 difference, it's about this being the next Nintendo console, with all the gaming that entails. Including Super Mario Odyssey. And hopefully a new Metroid and F-Zero, if Ninty can get their act together. ;)