Zelda Breath of the Wild - Wii U vs. Switch

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Re: Zelda Breath of the Wild - Wii U vs. Switch

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Tanooki wrote:I fell for the Wii name twice

Same. Some of the best decisions I ever made. MadWorld, The Last Story, Metroid Prime 3? Devil's Third, Captain Toad, Bayonetta 2? Hell yeah, sign me up.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Fragems
Next-Gen

Post by Fragems »

I'll probably pick up the Wii U version. I highly doubt there will be any shortages of the Switch version unless Nintendo is really stupid because that is about the only game selling the system right now and will probably be one of the bigger draws to the system for the next year or so :P. In fact it will probably get a Selects version a few years down the road if they go by sales totals.

That being said if the Switch flops or once we move on to another generation there will probably be somewhere along the lines of nearly 1 copy of Zelda for every Switch created :P. So I'd expect the market to be pretty well saturated with them at that point.
marlowe221
Next-Gen

Post by marlowe221 »

I am kind of worried that supplies of the Wii U version might be limited. I may pre-order it even though I rarely pre-order any game...
Have: Sega Genesis, SNES, Atari 2600, Atari 7800, Atari 800XL, PC, N3DS XL, Wii U, GBA, Xbox One, Switch

Want: Games!!!
RudySilvergun

Post by RudySilvergun »

I'm getting Zelda for the Wii U. I see no reason to buy a Switch right now. I know they'll eventually get their hooks in me, but so far nothing excites me beyond Zelda.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

I wish I could have got that special edition release with the system holder and audio cd, kind of pissed the scalpers got most of them as I can only imagine the prices already now and will be even higher after it's out. (I haven't checked ebay to know and don't care to.)

Switch story today was the discussion behind the R in Super Bomberman R and I was happy to see it had a few meanings to it. But one thing they really stood out in saying is that it's a spiritual successor to the Super Famicom release of Super Bomberman 3 which we never got. One of the best 2D bomberman titles ever made, and to have a game stylized by that with 50 stages to battle really adds to the want for that game.
Fragems
Next-Gen

Post by Fragems »

Tanooki wrote:I wish I could have got that special edition release with the system holder and audio cd, kind of pissed the scalpers got most of them as I can only imagine the prices already now and will be even higher after it's out. (I haven't checked ebay to know and don't care to.

If you want just the special ediont Best Buy still has it for preorder.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/the-legend- ... Id=5730400

They are out of the one with the triforce statue but I don't see it as really worth the extra cash unless you really have to have that :P.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Does best buy price match amazon flat or amazon with prime discount? I hate to say it but the extras aren't worth eating $20 I don't have to as it's a $100 bundle (80 with prime.)
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

I doubt they match Prime, since you can get the same 20% discount via their Gamers Club Unlocked subscription.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Brother has it but I do not. As fast as that Zelda went back up for sale and then sold out, it's not happening. Scalpers too fast on the draw before I could get into his account and buy it with a send my way.
Fragems
Next-Gen

Post by Fragems »

It keeps popping back up every few days so keep an eye out.

They won't match the prime discount since it's a promotional program. Just get GCU if you have a Bestbuy nearby it's worth it for the pretty much constant deals over there. Stacks with their daily and weekly deals so you can net some pretty solid savings.

Really hoping their $10 preorder promos make a come back at some point miss those :( made 20% off even better.