NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Fire Emblem Heroes Mobile: Opinions, tips and strategies

by noiseredux Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:28 am

marurun wrote:I don't even have this battle available, yet. When do I get to make a go at it?

neither do I.

Also I'm embarrassed... those two 5-star reds? They're actually a green and a blue. I don't know how I got confused, but I did. Which sucks because red (Lilina) is my only 4-star on my main team.
isiolia
Next-Gen

by isiolia Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:07 am

I got another 5-star...healer. :?

Not that it's bad, but, I already had one. I do have a varied front line, sorta, but all melee (Lucina, Cordelia, and I promoted Camilla), but yeah, Lachesis or Priscilla to round that out (not that they're all 40 yet).

I have a fair selection of 4 stars to keep leveling for variety though.
Ivo
Next-Gen

by Ivo Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:54 pm

The battle will be up on the 24 of March I think. It shows up on the announcements when you log in. I'm just giving you guys an heads up on the difficulty as there is the extra experience boost right now so you can in principle level up / unlock growth some of your units.
Michi
Next-Gen

by Michi Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:51 pm

Hope you guys logged-in today. They're just throwing feathers and orbs at us now. Gave away 5,000 and 10 today, respectively. Also gave us 10 potions today.

I'm practically swimming in orbs at this point. I'm waiting for the Michalis stages to drop and see if they switch up the summoning focus choices any.
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

by Forlorn Drifter Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:32 pm

I'm interested in this, but I have some questions.

1. How bad are micro transactions?
2. Is the art style as embarrassing as it seems?
3. How bad is it on battery consumption?
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:37 pm

Forlorn Drifter wrote:1. How bad are micro transactions?

1. I've played this game PROBABLY every single day since release. I've spent $0 on it. (That's a partial lie... I had some Google Play credit, so I spent $3 of credit once early on in the game. But basically, I've played every single day and not spent any money).

2. Shrug. I'm not sure what's embarrassing about it?

3. It is fairly demanding. That is, it's a bad idea to put a tablet to sleep while this is still running. I make careful sure to literally QUIT the game instead of just going to my home screen when I'm done. I also charge my tablet every night, so it's mostly a non-issue for me anyway.
isiolia
Next-Gen

by isiolia Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:57 pm

Forlorn Drifter wrote:I'm interested in this, but I have some questions.

1. How bad are micro transactions?

1. I have yet to pay anything for it. You can pretty readily ignore them if you pace yourself. The Shop has the following:

Purchase Orbs
These are your currency for gacha pulls, basically, your rolls to get more characters. You get a stock when you start, and still get a couple every day for logging in (and sometimes additional ones). You also get them from first-time completion of missions on each difficulty, and other quests/challenges.
Suffice to say, this is the main thing to spend money on, but you can certainly play with what you get for free. You cannot simply buy the characters/rank that you want, so if you insist on rolling for them you could wind up spending a lot.

Upgrade Castle
This can also be paid for via orb, and gives an XP bonus for each upgrade.

Restore Stamina
Each mission costs stamina to attempt, with higher tier ones costing more. It auto-generates up to 50, with each point regenerating over a few minutes. There's an item to refill 50 points of it that they've given out/put as a quest reward. This isn't much of an issue unless you just have to keep playing.

Restore Dueling Swords
These are for fights against other users forces (not in real time, just based on what they have). You can only have up to three Dueling Swords at a time, but the item to replenish them has been plentiful.

Expand Barracks
Appears to be doable via orbs as well, but basically just lets you hold more characters...given that you start out being able to hold 200, and that inheriting skills/etc expends that character, you'd probably need to play a -ton- before it's an issue.

2. Depends on what you think is embarrassing about the art. The actual map/characters aren't bad in my opinion, but certainly aren't trying to be pixel art. The portraits and so on vary as they have different artists doing them. So, that'd be a bit subjective. They're high res quality either way.

3. It obliterates battery life for me. :lol: I usually try to plug into a charger to play.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:01 pm

isiolia wrote:3. It obliterates battery life for me. :lol: I usually try to plug into a charger to play.

I guess this also is dependent on the battery life of the device. I playing solely on my Shield tablet, which has a pretty solid battery life. I wouldn't DARE play this on my phone!
Sarge
Next-Gen

by Sarge Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:19 pm

Finally got Cecilia up to 5-star. Need to start getting her leveled back up to where she was (level 27).

Also have enough orbs for a summoning session. Might do that now.
Ivo
Next-Gen

by Ivo Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:06 am

Michi wrote:Hope you guys logged-in today. They're just throwing feathers and orbs at us now. Gave away 5,000 and 10 today, respectively. Also gave us 10 potions today.

I'm practically swimming in orbs at this point. I'm waiting for the Michalis stages to drop and see if they switch up the summoning focus choices any.

Those rewards were because of the early preview of Michalis GHB. I managed to complete the hard mode on 2 accounts so I did my part. Lunatic I couldn't manage in 45 minutes.
Return to Nintendo