NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
isiolia
Next-Gen

Re: Fire Emblem Heroes Mobile: Opinions, tips and strategies

by isiolia Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:46 am

noiseredux wrote:Have y'all messed with Inheritance much yet? I dabbled a bit. Not sure I fully get how it all works though.

A little bit. It seems like it really has the potential to throw off a lot...but at the same time, it creates a nice use for low-star characters if you don't want to spend a ton of time grinding them up. It makes me feel stupid for having combined duplicate characters though.

Even outside of getting desirable skills, it means that your good characters can learn something to put in every slot.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:49 am

isiolia wrote:Even outside of getting desirable skills, it means that your good characters can learn something to put in every slot.

yeah that was mostly what I was aiming to achieve. None of my characters seemed to have any B skills for instance.
marurun

by marurun Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:08 am

I think I fully understand inheritance, and I know some folks will accidentally use it badly.

Basically, as long as there isn't a fundamental incompatibility (like wrong weapon type), you can inherit up to 3 weapons, skills, or abilities, from a character. However, you can only inherit skills the character could actually buy, meaning if the character is 3*, any of their skills that require 4* or 5* you cannot inherit. The character need not have learned the skills, but must be ABLE to learn them at their current rarity. Further, you also have to inherit dependencies. You cannot inherit Hone Res 3 without also inheriting Hone Res 1 and 2.

Once you've does the inheritance process, the recipient of the skills now has those skills in their skill list as available to buy with SP, but inherited skills also increase in cost by 50%. So if you inherited a 100 SP Hone Attack 2, it'll cost you 150 SP to actually learn it.

I know there are some folks who will think, "Man, I need to get these extra skills on my 5* characters!" This will not work unless you are buying lots of orbs and merging 5* characters, because most 5* characters have just more than enough SP to buy their own skill list. Inheritance is going to work best for people who have promoted 2* and 3* characters up to 4* or 5* and have 500+ extra SP sitting around with no more skills left to learn. These are the characters who will be able to inherit those skills and then actually learn them at their increased SP cost.
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Ivo
Next-Gen

by Ivo Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:31 pm

Inheritance: you can grind (slowly) for SP even for natural 5* characters. It is a bit of a pain. The most expensive skill to learn that I saw so far is 500 SP (for Galeforce on Cordelia), if you inherit that you are in for quite a grind. But there are probably better specials to inherit even if not so flashy.

Moonbow is probably the best special for most units to inherit, and for slot B top choices seem to be Vantage 3, Quick Riposte 3 (if you faced an Hector, his special weapon Armads gives him Quick Riposte), an assortment of Xbreaker skills (but you can inherit those if you are weak to that, e.g. an Axe unit can't get Swordbreaker - but a sword unit can).

I'm really tempted to put Vantage 3 on Takumi but I also kind of want to stay vanilla as I imagine their announced Arena matchmaking rework will allow vanilla units to play against vanilla units, and I dread having to check the skills on each Arena match.

Michalis GHB: you guys are in for a treat, it is on par with Ursula in terms of difficulty. There was a chance to play it for 45 minutes (at horrible times for US people) and I could only beat the Hard mode, the Lunatic was out of my reach for now. If you have a good archer I recommend leveling him up to 40 if possible, similar if you have Ursula she may come in handy to kill the red horse. Michalis himself needs to be killed fast or he will wreck you with his special. A Red mage (Tharja ideal, Lilina probably works, Sophia if you are really desperate?) or a strong Red sword for him.
Michi
Next-Gen

by Michi Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:51 pm

Ivo wrote:Michalis himself needs to be killed fast or he will wreck you with his special. A Red mage (Tharja ideal, Lilina probably works, Sophia if you are really desperate?) or a strong Red sword for him.

Well, that means I'm probably boned :lol:
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:08 pm

I just summoned two 5 star reds!
Michi
Next-Gen

by Michi Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:33 pm

Noise, on the other hand, has a solid shot :lol:

*Note: I do have a 5-star red, but I'm not sure my Eirika's attack is up to snuff.
Plus, I still have to level her up...
What a pain...
marurun

by marurun Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:41 pm

I have Roy. He might could do it (ah, my inner Southerner revealed!)
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Ivo
Next-Gen

by Ivo Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:35 am

Roy and Eirika may be able to do it if you can bait him to attack and then on your turn you attack him. Michalis has more Def than Res though, and in this map he has his special precharged to only need one more hit to go off (so be sure he can't double your unit). He is also surrounded by 2 fliers which give him +6 Spd and +6 Atk, one is a sword and the other is a Lance. Michalis has the shield ability that takes away weakness to Archers (so your archer is doing 1.0 instead of 1.2 damage), but the other fliers don't have the same luxury.

This guy did the map with just "Free" 3* units, but I don't have Narcian:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQ4eQHtdW44
marurun

by marurun Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:26 am

I don't even have this battle available, yet. When do I get to make a go at it?
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile
Return to Nintendo