NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Ivo
Next-Gen

Re: Fire Emblem Heroes Mobile: Opinions, tips and strategies

by Ivo Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:20 pm

noiseredux wrote:
Ivo wrote:Noise: those Crests restore swords for the Arena. I'd say don't spend them all, but yes, occasionally good to use up.

why would you NOT use them? Are they also used for something else?

There is a trend for new quests which require winning Arena matches (for example, there were a few voting gauntlet flag quests requiring 5 Arena wins), and you may want to do it quickly for that particular reward rather than wait 1 extra day.

As the Arena seasons are long enough, you usually won't need to Crest-spam to improve your score that much, but if you are really unlucky with matchups and lose your winning streak at the end, you may want to use a couple of crests to have another chance at a full streak of 7 close to the season end deadline.

I'm keeping some Crests saved up.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:25 pm

Ah gotcha. Good thoughts.
Ivo
Next-Gen

by Ivo Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:53 am

In case it helps, my team and strategy for Hard GHB Ursula (some of you won't have all these units but maybe you can use some replacements):

M Robin 4* lev 40, F Robin 4* lev 38 (upgraded from last GHB), Serra 4* lev 40 and a 5* Camilla that literally didn't do anything other than move around (she doesn't even give bonuses).

I positioned at the first turns so that Serra gave the Hone Atk bonus to both Robins, and I could move F Robin (green tome with blue tome breaker) so that she could bait Ursula, but not take a hit from the the lower Dagger thrower; put M Robin (Blue with but with WTA over Grays) to bait that lower Dagger thrower.

Ursula attacks F Robin and gets killed due to double counter (blue tome breaker skill). Lower dagger thrower hits M Robin and doesn't die, Red cavalry pulls dagger back, Axe armor moves one step forward.
Heal F Robin with Serra, both Robins gang up on armor and kill it, carefully mop up after that (I think it was F Robin takes another hit from upper dagger thrower, M Robin kills Red cavalry.

Not sure if the same team can handle the lunatic version. You probably want a good healer on your team and someone that can kill Ursula quick before she activates her special ability. Non-infantry units are good as the daggers are Poison, so if you have Armor units they may be a good option.
marurun

by marurun Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:45 pm

Yeah, I just don't have enough high-level units to make up a perfect team for either of those fights. Methinks I cannot get this character.
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Ivo
Next-Gen

by Ivo Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:57 pm

The level 30 one should be doable, at least if you are willing to spend some shards and crystals to level up some of your roster for the key roles.

There is more than one type of strategy that seems to work. Do you have an Olivia with Dance?

I haven't managed the level 40 one, though. If my level 40 Robin was 5* it would be possible very similar to what I did for the level 30, but as it is he doesn't cut it. Should be able to use my 5* Camilla somehow so I think I will manage eventually. My Takumi doesn't do very well in this map so far.
marurun

by marurun Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:44 pm

Getting really frustrated seeing named characters turning up with abilities and skills they shouldn't have. They haven't rolled out skill transfer to us, yet. Why should we have to deal with opponents that don't play by the same rules?
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Ivo
Next-Gen

by Ivo Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:26 pm

marurun wrote:Getting really frustrated seeing named characters turning up with abilities and skills they shouldn't have. They haven't rolled out skill transfer to us, yet. Why should we have to deal with opponents that don't play by the same rules?

You mean in the Training Tower? The Training Tower "cheats" quite a bit. But you can just pretend it is not a named character and one of the other mooks. They also sometimes spawn with devilish combinations of skills.

I don't even think the Inherit feature is going to be as blatant as some of the ones you see in the Training Tower.

Also, in general avoid the gold star level in the tower. The other two Lunatic levels often have level 40 enemies without so much lunacy.

For your level 30 Ursula battle: see if you have any Blue Tome breakers like F Robin, and any Daggerbreaker (Setsuna and Kagero off the top of my mind), any non-infantry with very high defense, Oliva or Azura, a good healer.

If you have some combination of those it should be possible to grab Ursula.

But if you have one of the Dire Thunder cavalry blue tomes, you probably don't care too much about Ursula.
Ivo
Next-Gen

by Ivo Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:35 am

I'm very close to doing the Lunatic Ursula (or so I think) but I concluded I need a slightly stronger defense Draug. Mine was 4* and was level 31 already as I usually level up my units to 20 or more when I have surplus stamina, now 33 - almost where it needs to be I think). The Ninjas already deal 0 damage to Draug unless Ursula's green armor lowers Draug's defense, but the red Cavalry is still an issue as Draug's attack is so low.

Edit: Did it. I think in total I must have tried it 10 to 20 times.

Level 34 4* Draug with Atk 30 and Def 35, Buckler, Lunge turned off. Can be replaced by another very high Def unit (must take 0 damage from the Dagger throwers and be able to hold off the Red cavalry, even better if can damage it back - Draug couldn't).

Level 38 4* F Robin or another green mage that can bait Ursula at the start and double counter her to kill (Nino I think is fast enough, hence being on the banner).

Level whatever Olivia with Dance (mine is still 3* at 24), Hone Atk may help your F Robin counter kill Ursula etc.

Level whatever Lissa with Rehabilitate to keep Draug alive against the Cavalry. I think Wrys would work fine as I don't think the Kindle Fire Balm of Lissa played a role.

1. Opened with F Robin on baiting duty on the square that Ursula hits, but Dagger doesn't. Draug out of range ready to step forward. Ursula bites and gets killed because of Blue Tomebreaker.

2. Draug steps forward, Robin moves to the edge to hit the Green armor that started advancing. Olivia Dances Robin so Robin retreats to safety. Lissa is somewhere safe (behind Draug I think).

3. Red Cavalry and all the daggers attack Draug. Cavalry does some heavy damage and Draug does 0 damage to Cavalry (ugh). F Robin kills armor unit, Oliva dances to safety.

4. While Lissa heals Draug to keep him alive from all the Cavalry hits, F Robin hits cavalry, then Olivia dances to get her back to safety.

5. Eventually F Robin kills cavalry, back to safety. Draug attacks one Dagger.
Daggers pull back and attack Draug, everyone else stays the heck away. There is a turn when I had to move Draug right unblocking the passage from bottom Dagger, so I pulled the other 3 units to the top left corner. Daggers stay on Draug. Top Dagger teleports to bottom side. Slowly hunt them down with Draug until they are both dead.

Surprised that Draug was the linchpin. He usually sucks. These GHBs are tailor made for certain units.
Michi
Next-Gen

by Michi Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:43 pm

Alas, I didn't have the units at the level needed to nab Ursula. Better luck next time, I suppose :?

Pretty happy with the voting gauntlet, though. Events like that are going to be nice times for accumulating feathers. I ended up with a final rank of 48,328 and a nice chunk of feathers. I've now got enough to upgrade a 4-star to a 5-star and a 3-star to a 4-star. I'm thinking I'll be using them all on Robbin. He's only 3-star at the moment, and I still need a good 5-star blue character.

I also lucked out on the last summons and picked up a 5-star Eirika. She'll be a very welcome addition to the roster once I level her up enough.
Ivo
Next-Gen

by Ivo Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:36 am

Michi wrote:Alas, I didn't have the units at the level needed to nab Ursula. Better luck next time, I suppose :?

Pretty happy with the voting gauntlet, though. Events like that are going to be nice times for accumulating feathers. I ended up with a final rank of 48,328 and a nice chunk of feathers. I've now got enough to upgrade a 4-star to a 5-star and a 3-star to a 4-star. I'm thinking I'll be using them all on Robbin. He's only 3-star at the moment, and I still need a good 5-star blue character.

I also lucked out on the last summons and picked up a 5-star Eirika. She'll be a very welcome addition to the roster once I level her up enough.

Male Robin is very good in the Arena at the moment. I'm probably promoting my 4* one (mine started as a 3* as well). If you want to, check if yours has a good stat distribution before spending the 20k feathers. The level ups aren't actually random and at level 40 they end up as specific types.

Also, depending on how competitive you are, with skill inheritance coming, it may be good to hold off on who to promote to 5* until the Arena metagame shakes out a bit. But as I don't see all the Red swords and Tikis becoming bad, as well as Takumi, Male Robin is likely to remain a good choice.
Return to Nintendo