Fire Emblem Heroes Mobile: Opinions, tips and strategies

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Fire Emblem Heroes Mobile: Opinions, tips and strategies

Post by noiseredux »

alright, I got 20k more feathers saved up so now my main team is completely 5-stars. I've got some grinding to get done, though.
Ivo
Next-Gen

Post by Ivo »

For Michalis: if you guys have 3* Narcian leveled up (I wasn't playing when his GHB was out) he can go in and tank the Lance flier by himself due to Emerald Axe + Lancebreaker, starting the battle on very favorable terms. I think I posted a video above with a strategy using just "free" 3* units at level 40 (Olivia which is one of the best units in the game and free, Narcian, Subaki, and even Sophia which is probably one of the worst units in the game but it works in this map).

I just defeated Michalis on Lunatic with Takumi 5* 40, Ursula 4* 40, Eirika 5* 40, Olivia with Dance (level won't matter much, may help to have Hone Atk on her already). So it isn't a super accessible team.

My strategy may be doable with another strong archer (Jeorge or one of the Brave Bows, Gordin and Klein?) but I'm not sure, as Close Counter did damage to Michalis. Ursula can be someone else that either one shots or effectively blocks the sword Cavalry. I think a Brave Lance cavalry like Abel doesn't quite work as you would have to use Dance to get him there, but if you have one of the Dire Thunder twins it should work great.

I positioned at bottom right corner so that Ursula is buffed - I had to level up my 4* Ursula up to 35 for this, and I also buffed her Speed with a Hone Spd +4 (in my case, from a 5* Eirika). With 30+ speed, she doubled and killed the Sword cavalry on top right (which has Bowbreaker, so my Takumi couldn't handle it).
On the same turn, I moved Takumi closer, then danced him to one shot the Lance flier. This removes the strong protective buffs from Michalis. Michalis attacks Takumi, Takumi close counters damaging him a lot (because Vengeance triggered).

Next player turn, I could kill Michalis with Ursula and the Sword flier was out of range of any of my units - this is where you have to change up if you don't have Takumi, you probably have to fully kill Michalis in one shot with your archer with Dance support.

At this stage there is still the Sword flier which was easy to kill with Takumi and the Heavy lance infantry slowly moving towards. With my Takumi at very low HP I just retreated for a few turns until I could have Ursula buffed up and able to attack twice with Dance, to very safely kill the last enemy.
Ivo
Next-Gen

Post by Ivo »

There was an announcement in Japanese apparently that the devs are going to increase stamina max to 99 (so you don't have to play so often - you still get the same amount per day), stamina potions give you 99 (so save yours until then I guess), and allowing to reposition units before battle starts (very nice particularly in certain maps).
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

those are two very good improvements.
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

I agree. I'm especially happy about the troop rearranging. Having to move units around on crowded special maps can be a pain.
Ivo
Next-Gen

Post by Ivo »

I think we are going to get an Easter banner with Easter bunnies. From the silhouette in the announcement it looks to me like Chrom and Lucina with bunny ears...

Either that, or it is an April fools joke by the devs.
Ivo
Next-Gen

Post by Ivo »

Ok I think it is an April fool's joke...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYdr0UhJXBY
Ivo
Next-Gen

Post by Ivo »

It wasn't an April Fools joke.

Before you guys spend many orbs on these banners, there were a few banners datamined which may be better to save some orbs for. In case you care for spoilers...

http://imgur.com/a/kwkS1

There are two all fliers banners, which indicates this will be the next Voting Gauntlet. 4 Wyvern riders vs 4 Pegasus riders.

The Wyvern one has 3 good units - Camilla, which probably wins the gauntlet, Cherche, which is very strong if you inherit a Brave Axe with her, and Minerva which has one of the flier buffs. Beruka is just a weaker version of those I think.

The Pegaasus one has Subaki which has a good niche role but you already had the free ones probably, and Palla which has one of the flier buffs. There is also Cordelia and Hinoka, both of which are very good Brave Lance users - Hinoka also has a flier buff. Cordelia probably goes all the way to the finals.

Finally, for the Battling Navarre GHB banner you have Effie again (top tier Armor unit), Kagero (murders infantry at 5*), Sophia (ugh) and Caeda. I'm bracing myself for pulling lots of surplus healers while trying for a Kagero.

Meanwhile, in the Easter bunny banner I pulled both a Reinhardt and an Azura, which is probably my favorite unit. Sing!
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Yeah I received bunny ears chrom with a carrot axe.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

I got...Odin. Again. I think this four star can go hang with the three three star clones of himself and the group of Donnels, etc.

They're pretty well convinced me to never pay for orbs, ever. :lol: