Fire Emblem Heroes Mobile: Opinions, tips and strategies

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Re: Fire Emblem Heroes Mobile: Opinions, tips and strategies

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

I already have a team at max level which sits in the arena. I do my three fights there and leave it at that. My priorities are as follows.

1. Beat new content on all difficulty levels.

2. Complete quests

3. Train teams in tower

4. Duel

5. When I have 20 orbs I unlock.

I am currently on 3 and 4 because I have only 4 orbs and have completed all my content. I ak just training my 4 star teams.

In the dueling arena I have a max defense score and on offense I am in the higher brackets... enough to net me a handsome feather output. It is such a low priority because you can only do so much in the arena as your score restarts after the 7 matches.

For me it is team building and working up synergy. Haven't focused on castle upgrades at all.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

I completely forgot about the castle upgrades. I've been using all my orbs for summoning.

Speaking of which, I got my second 5-star hero today: Sheena. She's basically an axe wielding tank. I was kind of hoping for a 4-star or higher spear user (I needs one), but, alas, twas denied any spear users this summoning cycle. Better luck next time, I guess.
Ivo
Next-Gen

Post by Ivo »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:In the dueling arena I have a max defense score and on offense I am in the higher brackets... enough to net me a handsome feather output. It is such a low priority because you can only do so much in the arena as your score restarts after the 7 matches.

How does the Defense score work? Because I got some points and I'm surprised someone actually would lose against my team when controlled by the AI (probably couldn't handle my Close Encounter'd Takumi).

I'm expecting to get some 1.5k feathers from Offense. Which isn't that much after several days when I need 20k a pop to upgrade heroes to 5* :)

Will need 40k to upgrade Cordelia and Robin.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Ivo wrote:
BogusMeatFactory wrote:In the dueling arena I have a max defense score and on offense I am in the higher brackets... enough to net me a handsome feather output. It is such a low priority because you can only do so much in the arena as your score restarts after the 7 matches.

How does the Defense score work? Because I got some points and I'm surprised someone actually would lose against my team when controlled by the AI (probably couldn't handle my Close Encounter'd Takumi).

I'm expecting to get some 1.5k feathers from Offense.

Essentially teams have a a score applied to them overall based on some unknown criteria... be it level or star rating or hero and if your ai defeats that team you get that score. The highest scored team is what you earn as your defense score. My team usually beats around 4-8 people per week.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

this game is totally my obsession right now. I'm on Chapter 7 of Hard mode. I'm also grinding a new team (one 5-star, three 4's). I think I have all the castle stuff built.

My first time is all level ~24. So should I be promoting them or whatever it's called? What does that give me? What does it mean - do I have to go back to grinding from level 1 again?

My second team is around ~14 right now. One melee, two spellcasters and a healer.

At any rate, I think I can now say that I've played a free Fire Emblem game more than any of the "real" games. So take that for what it's worth. This game is addicting and awesome.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

noiseredux wrote:this game is totally my obsession right now. I'm on Chapter 7 of Hard mode. I'm also grinding a new team (one 5-star, three 4's). I think I have all the castle stuff built.

My first time is all level ~24. So should I be promoting them or whatever it's called? What does that give me? What does it mean - do I have to go back to grinding from level 1 again?

My second team is around ~14 right now. One melee, two spellcasters and a healer.

At any rate, I think I can now say that I've played a free Fire Emblem game more than any of the "real" games. So take that for what it's worth. This game is addicting and awesome.

When you promote someone to a new star level you do start back at level 1 but you do keep all the skills you learned and your statement progression will be more favorable.

marurun

Post by marurun »

If you don't have tons of skill points, keep leveling before promoting. When you go up a star you don't automatically get the next weapon or ability like you would have if they were summoned at that star value. You still have to buy them with SP. If you're short on SP you won't be able to buy the upgrades and the promotion will feel less great. Having access to better upgrades doesn't help if you can't afford them.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

Another lousy summoning session. Guess that's the norm.

I'm just in maintenance mode at this point, hoping to get enough feathers to upgrade a character.
Ivo
Next-Gen

Post by Ivo »

I'm still playing daily after finishing the story quests (and orbs). Still pulled a 5* Camilla (which is the most fan service design I've seen thus far).

As I didn't get the 10k feathers give out, I'm still stuck at halfway before promoting my Robin. When I do that, I will have four quite good 5* characters. Could have been much worse, thank goodness for pulling Takumi.

I think it would be much better to have less strict upgrade requirements (or do away with the star system entirely - there would still be some heroes better than others, and "whales" would still probably want to get 10 copies of the characters to get their 40+10s merges).

One should note that the bonus you get from including the featured Heroes in the Arena is huge - yet another P2W element.

I also read that skill inheritance is coming in and I fully expect it to work by sacrificing a same star character to get it (much like Merges only give actual worthwhile bonuses if they are same star level or above). That has quite the potential to break the balance very badly if the developers are not very careful with restrictions.
marurun

Post by marurun »

Ivo wrote:I also read that skill inheritance is coming in and I fully expect it to work by sacrificing a same star character to get it (much like Merges only give actual worthwhile bonuses if they are same star level or above). That has quite the potential to break the balance very badly if the developers are not very careful with restrictions.

I think the game already has serious balance issues.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.