Fire Emblem Heroes Mobile: Opinions, tips and strategies

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Re: Fire Emblem Heroes Mobile: Opinions, tips and strategies

Post by Jmustang1968 »

Was intrigued by this game, and then found out the 8x6 map sizes, which basically killed all interest I had in this game. I am basically staying out of mobile games until they can become as full featured as at least the handheld versions. Some games do this, but it is still fairly rare...
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Exhuminator wrote:Not saying I'm not happy it exists. I just get antsy about smartphone games that don't let you buy them in their entirety outright.

Yeeeeaaaahhhhhh. Whenever I see an Android game is "free" my butthole clinches up in distress.

I ended up downloading this anyway. Might try it out next time I travel or something. In the meantime there are plenty of "normal" Fire Emblem games I have yet to finish.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

hate away. Game is super fun. And I'm the guy who usually craps on Nintendo, aren't I?
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

I ain't hatin'. I did say I'd try it eventually, right? Also, you're talking to a guy who made a Japanese Google account to download Breath of Fire 6 and Fantasy Legends II; I'm willing to give most anything related to old Japanese RPGs a shot.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Got my second 5 star character, Tiki and she rocks!!!!

On episode 8 of the 9 episodes and the challenge does ramp up. For those worried about small arena sizes, don't, they work well for these 4 player skirmishes, are fast paced and really well made. Tons of strategy can be involved and, at higher levels, I could see the need for building custom teams. This is the deck building of fire emblem.

For those that are playing, I suggest playing in duel mode every day and using up your swords. They replenish each day and are a sort of ranked mode.

Also, when you get to level 20 with a character you can use these shards you earn from playing in the training tower to increase the star rating of characters up to 4, so if you have been using someone and want to boost them up, you can do it that way.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:I ain't hatin'. I did say I'd try it eventually, right? Also, you're talking to a guy who made a Japanese Google account to download Breath of Fire 6 and Fantasy Legends II; I'm willing to give most anything related to old Japanese RPGs a shot.

I didn't know there was a way to access the JPN Google Play store. Huh.
marurun

Post by marurun »

I shall throw my friend code out there:

Ya'll can friend me. Or I can friend you. WHATEVER!
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

I don't know when I'll get to it, but I've at least installed this game on my phone.

Still interested in the IAP aspects and how they affect completing the game. If this is a game that can be completed in a campaign fashion? I don't know. Haven't had time to read reviews since it released.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Exhuminator wrote:I don't know when I'll get to it, but I've at least installed this game on my phone.

Still interested in the IAP aspects and how they affect completing the game. If this is a game that can be completed in a campaign fashion? I don't know. Haven't had time to read reviews since it released.

Yeah the game has a variety of modes. The main one is the main campaign which is 5 levels per episode and there are 9 episodes. When you beat an episode you unlock hard and lunatic versions of the levels.

The other mode is a ranked mode. 3 times a day you can participate in battles of varying difficulty and, depending on your performance you are given a score. You get rewards at the end of the season based on your score. As well as how many times your ai team defeats attacking players.

The third mode is a training tower which is just randomized battles based on level to beef up your team.

the fourth mode is a daily challenge mode against a character. When you beat them, you get that character into your team.

The fifth the and final mode is not open yet, but looks like a multiplayer mode.

I say start it up now and get the opening day benefits. They are giving out tons of free orbs and free stamina replenishment (today we received 10 of those which fully restored your stamina).
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

I fired it up today for just a little while in a waiting room. I bumped up the experience with those orbs like 2 levels to what is it 40% bonus? Then I went and got 2 added team people. I ended up with that kid Roy that's 4stars and then Robin that is 3stars.

I don't get the mechanics yet on how a team works, but that should come playing it. It's like you can only use 4 people at a time in a team? or that's how many fit in the panel on screen, but I wasn't sure as I didn't get time to do more. The training battle with the woman and the archer was pretty on the nose training stage stuff for a modern FE game though.