Fire Emblem Heroes Mobile: Opinions, tips and strategies

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
marlowe221
Next-Gen

Re: Fire Emblem Heroes Mobile: Opinions, tips and strategies

Post by marlowe221 »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:Healers don't seem like an important role initially, but trust me they are. Wrys isn't the best healer though, but if you don't have a full team of 5/4 stars, put him in. otherwise you can wait for a better healer to draw.

He's the only healer I have so far!

Right now my draws have basically all been melee characters or mages/tacticians/etc. I drew the one healer and the only ranged character I have is the one you get in the tutorial.
Have: Sega Genesis, SNES, Atari 2600, Atari 7800, Atari 800XL, PC, N3DS XL, Wii U, GBA, Xbox One, Switch

Want: Games!!!
marurun

Post by marurun »

I went ahead and pushed Wrys up to 4 stars, and his has a special that can heal the entire party by 10 HP every 3 or 4 turns. That's actually quite useful.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
marlowe221
Next-Gen

Post by marlowe221 »

marurun wrote:I went ahead and pushed Wrys up to 4 stars, and his has a special that can heal the entire party by 10 HP every 3 or 4 turns. That's actually quite useful.

That does sound pretty good. I'll make sure and include him on my primary team. I only have enough 4/5 star characters to fill up one team anyway.
Have: Sega Genesis, SNES, Atari 2600, Atari 7800, Atari 800XL, PC, N3DS XL, Wii U, GBA, Xbox One, Switch

Ivo
Next-Gen

Post by Ivo »

Marlowe, if you are starting out and after using up your orbs don't have say, 2, 3 or more 5* heroes that are good I would suggest rerolling a few times.

After you are settled on a good initial set, usually it is a bad idea to spend orbs on Colorless because most healers aren't that good - and you can get 1 of the best ones (i.e. with Rehabilitate) for free if you care to promote to 4* on the Special maps.

Edit: and you already have Wrys at 4* and all. Healers aren't very good in the Arena typically, but they are pretty decent in the Training tower and some of the quests, when you want your units to survive. Wrys is at 4* is a pretty good one as he has Rehabilitate without needing to get it from sacrificing another unit (probably the best healers are the mounted ones - Priscilla comes with Rehabilitate already, and you could give Clarine or Elise Rehabilitate from Wrys or Lissa for example).

For summoning, after your initial set and a few more to round out your initial team, in my opinion it is much better to wait for a banner with good focus heroes (the current Easter one isn't too bad but there have been better ones and there is going to be some very interesting ones soon).

But seriously, unless you already have at least two good 5* units, you should seriously consider re-doing the tutorial a few more times and trying with your initial set of orbs (+give aways) to get a few 5*s to start with. With the current banner you'd probably want to have either the Egg Lucina or the Egg Camilla (or both), and some other good 5*.

Also, you automatically get, in addition to Virion (archer from tutorial) a free 2* Matthew and a free 2* Raigh as ranged units. They suck at 2* though. After a few days of the rotating special maps, you will get another red mage, Sophia.
marlowe221
Next-Gen

Post by marlowe221 »

Ivo wrote:Marlowe, if you are starting out and after using up your orbs don't have say, 2, 3 or more 5* heroes that are good I would suggest rerolling a few times.

After you are settled on a good initial set, usually it is a bad idea to spend orbs on Colorless because most healers aren't that good - and you can get 1 of the best ones (i.e. with Rehabilitate) for free if you care to promote to 4* on the Special maps.

Edit: and you already have Wrys at 4* and all. Healers aren't very good in the Arena typically, but they are pretty decent in the Training tower and some of the quests, when you want your units to survive. Wrys is at 4* is a pretty good one as he has Rehabilitate without needing to get it from sacrificing another unit (probably the best healers are the mounted ones - Priscilla comes with Rehabilitate already, and you could give Clarine or Elise Rehabilitate from Wrys or Lissa for example).

For summoning, after your initial set and a few more to round out your initial team, in my opinion it is much better to wait for a banner with good focus heroes (the current Easter one isn't too bad but there have been better ones and there is going to be some very interesting ones soon).

But seriously, unless you already have at least two good 5* units, you should seriously consider re-doing the tutorial a few more times and trying with your initial set of orbs (+give aways) to get a few 5*s to start with. With the current banner you'd probably want to have either the Egg Lucina or the Egg Camilla (or both), and some other good 5*.

Also, you automatically get, in addition to Virion (archer from tutorial) a free 2* Matthew and a free 2* Raigh as ranged units. They suck at 2* though. After a few days of the rotating special maps, you will get another red mage, Sophia.

How do I re-roll in this game? Delete it and re-download?

I already linked my NNID...

Also, I would kind of hate to use my 5 star Cain - he is beastly!

Ivo
Next-Gen

Post by Ivo »

marlowe221 wrote:How do I re-roll in this game? Delete it and re-download?

I already linked my NNID...

Also, I would kind of hate to use my 5 star Cain - he is beastly!

If you want to clear the story content and then stop playing, don't reroll. If from what you played so far you think you will be playing for months, then honestly I think re-rolling will increase your enjoyment of the game down the line. If you don't have a few good 5* units you will be limited in your Arena scores (which will slowly give you more feathers than you would get otherwise, to get some more 5*) and you will be limited in not being able to complete some of the harder Quests and Grand Hero Battles (where you can get special 4* heroes).

I believe it is possible to unlink a Nintendo ID from the game. If you are re-rolling on the device, you do unfortunately have to delete the game which is rather cumbersome, and you should expect to re-roll A few times until you get a couple of good 5* heroes. It is easier to re-roll on an emulator, then link to a Nintendo account, and then pass it to your device. But it takes some setup.

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but Cain is not a top unit. He isn't bad and Brave weapon users really shine in the early levels. Also as your only 5* he will seem beastly by comparison against your other units.
As far as Red swords go the competition is insane and he pales in comparison with the other ones you could get.

You will get a free Olivia at 2* eventually and she is a Red Sword with Dance (give another unit another go), she is definitely worth promoting to 4* at least and you probably don't want to have 2 Red swords on your team unless both of them are one of the top tier ones:
Olivia because of dance, Eirika because buffing sword, and in terms of actual hard hitting ones the best are Ryoma because of distant counter sword and great stats, Lucina or Marth because of Falchion effective against dragons and great stats (I think Ryoma is better personally). Eldigan is better if on a Cavalry team as well.

We are also getting a GHB for Xander eventually and he also has a distant counter sword as a cavalry unit so if you have your units ready you can probably get him for free as a 3* with some effort, and maybe even 4* if you got your team to level 40 and they can handle the map.

I got a Camilla and a Takumi early on and I still wonder if I would have been better off re-rolling while those starting banners were up (I could have started with three 5*s instead of getting those 2 from the orbs I accrued clearing the story missions). I only got my fourth and fifth 5* units now, but I really can't complain as all of them are pretty good units (I got Takumi first, then Camilla, then Eirika, and now a Reinhardt and Azura).
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

You guys remember when I was complaining about the game not giving me enough blue users? Well, I think it heard me, as it's pretty much been throwing them at me at every summoning session. Most of them have been 4-stars, too, which isn't too shabby. The last session finally gave me my first blue 5-star (Abel), so now I'm busy working him up to put on my main team... at least until someone with better stat-boosters comes along.

Now what I'm short on are clear units.

You hear that game? Roll me a decent ninja or archer already.

Or Takumi. Just give me Takumi.
marurun

Post by marurun »

You get a Takumi! And YOU get a Takumi! And YOU get a Takumi! Everyone gets a Takumi!
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

isiolia wrote:If you're a touch overleveled or happen to have very favorable matchups, healers can be a bit unnecessary (or a moot point in very unfavorable matches). That said, they can really help in less ideal matches, and can usually double as some moderate magic/ranged damage if they have a weapon (I think some don't have one learned by default). I've wound up using them to take down heavy armor units that my melee couldn't dent. Inefficient, but it was something.

They tend to be easy to level though, since they get a decent amount of XP from healing.

This is a good point and makes me wonder if my healer is unnecessary.
marlowe221
Next-Gen

Post by marlowe221 »

Ivo wrote:If you want to clear the story content and then stop playing, don't reroll. If from what you played so far you think you will be playing for months, then honestly I think re-rolling will increase your enjoyment of the game down the line. If you don't have a few good 5* units you will be limited in your Arena scores (which will slowly give you more feathers than you would get otherwise, to get some more 5*) and you will be limited in not being able to complete some of the harder Quests and Grand Hero Battles (where you can get special 4* heroes).

I believe it is possible to unlink a Nintendo ID from the game. If you are re-rolling on the device, you do unfortunately have to delete the game which is rather cumbersome, and you should expect to re-roll A few times until you get a couple of good 5* heroes. It is easier to re-roll on an emulator, then link to a Nintendo account, and then pass it to your device. But it takes some setup.

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but Cain is not a top unit. He isn't bad and Brave weapon users really shine in the early levels. Also as your only 5* he will seem beastly by comparison against your other units.
As far as Red swords go the competition is insane and he pales in comparison with the other ones you could get.

You will get a free Olivia at 2* eventually and she is a Red Sword with Dance (give another unit another go), she is definitely worth promoting to 4* at least and you probably don't want to have 2 Red swords on your team unless both of them are one of the top tier ones:
Olivia because of dance, Eirika because buffing sword, and in terms of actual hard hitting ones the best are Ryoma because of distant counter sword and great stats, Lucina or Marth because of Falchion effective against dragons and great stats (I think Ryoma is better personally). Eldigan is better if on a Cavalry team as well.

We are also getting a GHB for Xander eventually and he also has a distant counter sword as a cavalry unit so if you have your units ready you can probably get him for free as a 3* with some effort, and maybe even 4* if you got your team to level 40 and they can handle the map.

I got a Camilla and a Takumi early on and I still wonder if I would have been better off re-rolling while those starting banners were up (I could have started with three 5*s instead of getting those 2 from the orbs I accrued clearing the story missions). I only got my fourth and fifth 5* units now, but I really can't complain as all of them are pretty good units (I got Takumi first, then Camilla, then Eirika, and now a Reinhardt and Azura).

**Sigh** :? All that kind of makes me not want to play the game...

OK.

1. How do I unlink my NNID so I can reroll?

2. How am I supposed to know which characters are better than others at the beginning of the game?