Fire Emblem Heroes Mobile: Opinions, tips and strategies

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
flojocabron
Next-Gen

Fire Emblem Heroes Mobile: Opinions, tips and strategies

Post by flojocabron »

Im pretty pleased so far with this new iteration of the fire emblem franchise. The animations are nice and the core mechanics are there.

I'm still working out on the general flow of things. As these games are not like the 3ds big brothers.(Duh!) So far there's no team ups like in other games, it's all one on one.

I found one thing to gripe on, but it's just needs some time to re-learn or hope it gets fixed later. Ranged characters are a little tougher to maneuver. Since it's touch controlled you have to be careful where you position them to attack/heal. As there's no undo/back. Once you lift your finger and if you did a wrong move, they're stuck there. Plus it's going to get a bit harder too when there's a bunch of characters bunched together and trying to get your tactics on.

I haven't hit a pay wall/freemium wall yet, but I know they're coming. As with many mobile games, you can only play so much before it prepares to eat away at your wallet. There's lots of little new gems and orbs made specifically to get you spending. Especially orbs. They let you get new people. I'm going to not spend anything on this. But if you got money to burn, then by all means go ahead. Unlock everything. Maybe Nintendo is hoping us fire emblem fans will go that route.

But if not, there's lots of nice little nods to the console games though, as there seems to be lots of character cameos that have appeared or will appear. Like other nintendo mobile games if you link your club Nintendo account you get free gifts for the game. So this seems to be nice. So there's always something to try.

Oh and before I forget, there seems to be no permadeath. So take that how you will. You don't want a casual mobile gamer to throw their phablet in anger because of a bad move or ko.

Speaking of phones. Let me give you some warning. The game/app is pretty big. I had to delete other apps to make space for it. After downloading the main program, the game asks you to take in another 500mb in. I'm guessing all that purty anime artwork needs some space. So after shifting data around, I got 452mb on my phone. 28mb of game data. And another 70mb moved to my SD card. So plan accordingly.

But in this age of modern mobile gaming, it's something we'll have to live with.

So now that you read my own little thoughts, let's use the rest of this thread to help each other out. And get our moneys worth (or lack of moneys) Out of this hopefully good game based on a beloved console franchise.
2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Fire Emblem Heroes Mobile: Opinions, tips and strategies

Post by noiseredux »

Got home really late tonight and this was loaded on my tablet. 15 mins in and I am so happy that Nintendo is making Android games.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

I'll wait for some more impressions.

I enjoyed the GBA games a lot but I think that's the extent of my Fire Emblem exposure.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

I'm keen to get it on my phone, but I'm waiting to see how bad the IAP will affect being able to actually complete the game.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Not sure how it would perform on phone, I only play games on tablet. About an hour in and no need for money in sight yet. FE games are perfect for touch, and the presentation of cut scenes shows a lot of effort on Ninty's part. Happy about this game.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

Not saying I'm not happy it exists. I just get antsy about smartphone games that don't let you buy them in their entirety outright.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
flojocabron
Next-Gen

Post by flojocabron »

noiseredux wrote:Not sure how it would perform on phone, I only play games on tablet. About an hour in and no need for money in sight yet. FE games are perfect for touch, and the presentation of cut scenes shows a lot of effort on Ninty's part. Happy about this game.

I'm using a galaxy Grand prime, which is a generic samsung. No problems yet. It's actually nice. I usually bring my 3ds to work and play a map on my break. Little bite size chunks of gaming are the forte of mobile gaming. Although I still want to bring my 3ds to work, it's easier to carry one thing in my pocket than bog myself down with too much tech. I guess I fall into the demographic Nintendo is looking for.

Anyways, I managed to get the timer to zero. When this happens it asks you to use a stamina bottle. It's obvious what this does. But the timer seems to fill up steadily, for now. Most maps use 2 points, and a bonus map (it's hard right now) takes 5. I think some grinding is necessary.

I guess I'll have to leave the game alone for a bit and come back to it later.
2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Throwing my friend code out there for folks who want to add me.

I am loving it so far! Tons of content!! Haven't seen a need for paying anything and am happy that the Nintendo play coins can be used for something here.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

I just watched some videos... the visuals and in game art style is not very appealing. Going in blind you probably wouldn't even think this was Fire Emblem. :?
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

The small team compositions seem badly balanced too. Healers so far seem like they're pretty worthless.