Neo Myth Flash Cart question

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Anapan
Next-Gen

Neo Myth Flash Cart question

Post by Anapan »

I just added this to the Racketboy Charity Auction, and there's talk on the info pages linked of the adapter being GBA and DS compatible. Does anyone know anything about this hardware?
Did this package have a DS cart that I should find and include?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Re: Neo Myth Flash Cart question

Post by Tanooki »

That is a complete but limited package. The Neo2 TF is a DSLite ONLY flash kit. It's solid, it works, but you're stuck having to own a DSLite or it won't fit into anything else of value on the Nintendo side of things. Since it does the DS Lite slot, it should fire up any GBA games too, doubtful on the GB/GBC side of things but that's what Goomba Color will bypass for you.

That said, it's a bit of a swiss army knife. YOu can take the module in that sealed one, plus the loose ones you got there, and jam that into the Genesis adapter. In that case, it's a Sega Genesis flash kit that can store quite a bit. It's just another style like of the everdrive using a replacable memory module (CF in this case.) SInce it has a USB cable you can dump stuff right to it and not have to worry about having a CF port on your pc.

It's actually pretty versatile really as you can go with a late 80s early 90s console setup, or a mid 00s DS setup to run stuff. As you can see from your art, there should be even more modules for N64 and SNES as well. If someone could find those adapters you could just use this one kit to run all sorts of generations of cartridge based systems.

I see some complaining at gbatemp (very notable/trustworthy site on such matters) saying that NeoFlash stuff is typically overpriced and have hit and miss QC on their earlier Neo stuff, not sure if it's just Neo v1 or v2 too as they're up to v4 now.

Did a bit more digging, not sure if the v3 or v4 will use the v2 cards you have, but if one wanted the n64 or SFC/SNES modules they're like between $150-200 new, so yeah gba temp was right, they're high priced.
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

Thanks for that; I did a bit of digging too; It seems that aside from it's function in the Genesis flash cart, this will only play DS games, and only on a DS Lite. I found a DS Lite here, so I'll try it out.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

In your case yes, but as I said, it can do GBA too through that DS Lite spot as well.

Any emulator made for the DS should be fair game, so that'll widen the usefulness a bit more into I believe SNES(snezzi), Genesis, PCE Engine+CD, and then the NES, GB+GBC etc the GBA can do too.

But those DSLite little memory cards you got there that slot into the Gen, there's adapters for N64 and SNES too, but they're very expensive and sold individually too so it was a huge turn off to the copier cart market looking at the comments I found.

If someone just bid this for the auction there for the sole use of a Genesis tool (and DSLite if they have one) there's plenty enough to enjoy as it stands but I'd never bother with other options unless a dumb/generous post of it somewhere around with a really cheap price on it.