Gaming night Nes Tournament

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Thermoptic
16-bit

Gaming night Nes Tournament

Post by Thermoptic »

I got the idea to have a tournament with only Nes games. The idea is to have two persons compete in one game with custom rules, for example "Ice Climber - Race to the top (The first player that reaches the top wins, best 2 out of 3" and then the winner of this games gets to challenge the next player that wins in the other group in a final round etc.

So I wanted to ask for your help to find good games to have in this tournament. The games should be simple and fast so you dont have to wait forever for the other players to finish the games.

Here are the games and rules I made up:

- Ice Climber - Race to the top (The first player that reaches the top wins, best 2 out of 3)
- Mario Bros - Last man standing (kill the other player, the one with the highest score wins)
- Balloon Fight - Last man standing (kill the other player, the one with the highest score wins)
- Micro Machine - Finish a race on a random level.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Re: Gaming night Nes Tournament

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Super Mario Bros. - 2-player mode, highest score at the end of 1-1 wins.

Pro Wrestling - 2-player mode, one fall, players selected at random, best 2 out of 3.

The Legend of Zelda - Fastest time to first tri-force piece in the second quest.

Mike Tyson's Punch Out!! - Fastest victory against Glass Joe.
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

NES Remix 2 does have that Championship Mode that might be simple to utilize as well.
arcadifvid
32-bit

Post by arcadifvid »

Track & Field 2 provides tons of competitive mini games.

Bomberman 2,Double Dragon, Top Gun 2, TMNT TF, and every sports game have versus modes.