Next-Gen

Re: Gameboy Advance Link Cable / Gamecube Link Cable -GC

Post by casterofdreams »

Well that's 3rd party for you.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Yup thoughtless design flaws a child would notice. :\ I knew how it locked to various games, I had them at that time like those listed in the thread (not now.) I was thinking specifically for GBA SP as I don't have a stock old original style one.
HellHammer
64-bit

Post by HellHammer »

I used them back in the day for Zelda Four Sword Adventures, as well as the Tingle stuff in WindWaker. Used it more recently for GB Player with my GBA as the controller for the Metroid games. And I'm pretty sure it was Billy Hatcher that gives you a GBA NiGHTS into Dreams game.

Pretty cool stuff from that cable!
theclaw
Next-Gen

Post by theclaw »

A whole bunch of fun doodads need the cable. Animal Crossing e-reader cards, Metroid Prime bonuses, Fire Emblem items, getting Jirachi (or Celebi in Japan)...
The less great part is Nintendo's ever-present region lockout. You can only get Fire Emblem's stuff on a USA cart and all that.
Lum fan.
KalessinDB
Next-Gen

Post by KalessinDB »

Also it allows you to play the greatest game made for the GCN: Pac-Man Vs.

No really, go try it. It's like $5 on ebay last I checked because it was available either as a 2-pack with Pac-Man World 2 or as a free giveaway from Gamestop. One person (with the GBA) is playing Pac-Man on their handheld, the other 3 people are controlling the ghosts - who have a very limited field of view - on the TV screen. Great fun.
Gunning for a licensed NES NTSC-U set, follow the madness and poverty here!
Cheat sheet of my collection, always looking to increase it. 405/677 licensed games, 46/"95" unlicensed
Chronically out of date BST thread
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

KalessinDB wrote:Also it allows you to play the greatest game made for the GCN: Pac-Man Vs.

No really, go try it. It's like $5 on ebay last I checked because it was available either as a 2-pack with Pac-Man World 2 or as a free giveaway from Gamestop. One person (with the GBA) is playing Pac-Man on their handheld, the other 3 people are controlling the ghosts - who have a very limited field of view - on the TV screen. Great fun.

Can confirm. Played this with three friends. Tons o' fun!
Blu
Next-Gen

Post by Blu »

Yep, Pac Man Vs. is the single-most enjoyable game that uses the GBA technology. That should be a must buy for the thing.