Nintendo and Sony are expanding their mobile phone footprint

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Re: Nintendo and Sony are expanding their mobile phone footp

Post by Tanooki »

Good points. I experienced it too. Loco Roco was a mobile game once, they went ahead and stopped supporting it, then they erased it, and when my phone ate it and got replaced my money and game were gone.

For some reason, probably that garage sale in Spring I've re-warmed back up to the DS, both to re-experience some, and to try some even as an adult with 'life' causing the issue missed out on. There's a number of DS games thrown up on the mobile formats. With the crap that Square has caused on there and the totality of all those lovely DS games among others up there, SNES too, I wonder how long until they crater. Namco would be another with Soul Caliber, Capcom with Marvel vs Capcom 2 (and their never updated or discounted SF Alpha2 on GOG for years now), Sega with some sketchy failed games (many)... how can you trust any of these old dogs of gaming to just say screw it, and screw you some day?
Omerta
Next-Gen

Post by Omerta »

That's a problem that's not exclusive to the mobile market. It just happens at a warp speed compared to consoles since there's a brand new iPhone and Galaxy every year - along with constant major operating system revisions.

There is no incentive to continuously devote resources to old sales. Licenses expire. It's more or less the nature of the beast where the gaming business is headed.
"Farewell, good hunter.
May you find your worth
in the waking world."
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

I know and I fight that with the tens of thousands of games I can touch and use buying that first and gog which can be made so second. After that stuff best be under 10 preferred 5 to buy it as its just a rental then.
winds
128-bit

Re: Nintendo is expanding their mobile phone footprint

Post by winds »

noiseredux wrote:they should compete with tablets, so make it portable. But also compete with Oculus Rift, so it should have VR. And also it should be cheap enough hardware to cost under $100. So make the screen monochromatic red.

This had me in hysterics :lol:
Nintendoes what Nintendon't!

Tangerine Orange Key: 42915767S1
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

That is funny, reminds me of something not funny. Goodwill for a week now at a location here has been sitting on a $90 Virtual Boy. No game, no controller, no power pack or battery box, no eye foam ring, just it and the stand. Some people never research or learn.
darsparx
Next-Gen

Post by darsparx »

Tanooki wrote:That is funny, reminds me of something not funny. Goodwill for a week now at a location here has been sitting on a $90 Virtual Boy. No game, no controller, no power pack or battery box, no eye foam ring, just it and the stand. Some people never research or learn.

That's the same as my goodwills. Before the grid really started taking all gaming related media that comes into the stores(which is another disaster for pricing), this one was siting on a Atari 2600(? I think). But I don't think it really game with a power cord and had some games I've seen on lists as budget-buys especially as cart only and they wanted pretty close to that $90 mark. If it wasn't for the plethora of music I've been able to get through them on the cheap I wouldn't even bother with them anymore. They are one of the worst thrift stores in the area even compared to the weird warehouse building style Salvation Army in my area.

And to those about distribution, that is exactly why I have a fear to buy a game on mobile any more. It's just not worth the loss of money. Especially since some of these are on other handhelds thankfully(ghost trick, world ends with you, and etc which are ds titles which still feels like a strange choice but awesome at the same time)
My gameroom
My systems: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, original gba, gba sp(001), ds lite, 3ds, vita, psp, PSone(101 model) ps2, ps3(320gb model), ps4, retron 5, and Dreamcast.

bogusmeatfactory wrote:Ever feel like a wild gazelle in the wilderness?
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

It's a shame, both your points. To the first it had been a bit since that VB went in despite the post yesterday, still was there today now two weeks. Still they're surprised it hasn't moved. I do wonder who does their research. Had it been priced around $30 I think someone, hell even myself would have bought it for parts/gamble or to face the eye bits away as a statue of sorts. At worse it's worth that in parts easily. I do agree they're the worst at least the half price books which also is as crooked will keep the paper, protect it even in locked cases, and they run anywhere from 15-50% off coupons and their 25% off total purchase rewards card rollover too. So if you can time it right, and have that card or their few times a year 50% off coupon week going you can still do alright.

On the other, I was surprised to find one store in the entire area here at Gamestop still carried CIB NintendoDS games, thankfully just 3mi away so I can go check it whenever. It's amazing how many quality DS games have actually made it to ios and/or android. The World Ends With You, they have that in the case since you brought that one up. I never did buy it I think something about hte combat didn't amuse me in video clips online.
Omerta
Next-Gen

Post by Omerta »

Animal Crossing has been hinted at for a while. But now - assumingly due to BOTW's success - Zelda is hitting mobile phones in the near future.

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/zelda-smartphone-game-what-to-expect,news-25083.html
"Farewell, good hunter.
May you find your worth
in the waking world."