Nintendo Direct 9/1/16

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Re: Nintendo Direct 9/1/16

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

I've been playing through a little bit of Federation Force. It's definitely a disappointing game, but it's not terrible. It's certainly not as bad as Amiibo Festival or the CD-I Zeldas.

9Volt wrote:Too much 2D games, nintendo! :|

Anybody got some nails between nine and twelve inches? I've got my hammer and the cross, but I can't find the damn nails.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

ElkinFencer10 wrote:
9Volt wrote:Too much 2D games, nintendo! :|

Anybody got some nails between nine and twelve inches? I've got my hammer and the cross, but I can't find the damn nails.

Just use the rusty spikes. I find they work in a pinch.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

Wanna know my killer app wish for 3DS?

Another Endless Ocean game. You got it. The 3D effect would be marvelous for the simulated diving. The bottom screen would be perfect for sonar tracking.

Even if it was a New 3DS exclusive, I'd still buy it.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Exhuminator wrote:Wanna know my killer app wish for 3DS?

Another Endless Ocean game. You got it. The 3D effect would be marvelous for the simulated diving. The bottom screen would be perfect for sonar tracking.

You know what would be even better than that? If the NX had VR support and they made a VR Endless Ocean game. That's infinitely less likely than your suggestion, but I can think of few things more immersive than that.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

It is a goddamn shame and a stupidly missed obvious opportunity that Mario Maker 3DS is not composed of assets from portable Mario games.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Exhuminator wrote:Wanna know my killer app wish for 3DS?

lol, man I think next to Muramasa and Wario Land Shake It, these games will be my next pickups for the Wii.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Muramasa is a solid game, one of the few I do have to admit I miss when I had the Wii. I'd be more inclined these days if I had minimal backlog to grab up a Wii again, pay up too for a nicely boxed lightly used/abused one, then snap up my top 10 favorites that were NOT first party and go from there. It's an odd system as it got shunned on many solid games but it still came up with some gems of its own.
darsparx
Next-Gen

Post by darsparx »

I still have some hope Nintendo will redeem themselves beyond the 3ds and amiibo but there's a lot of wasted potential here. The WU seems to get constantly shunned like the original even though it's a great system and the same goes for the N3DS. It's a great concept that just seems to have fallen flat. Only reason i have one is because that nfc for amiibos is nice but it's better built in like this. I still might end up getting some of the games they announced even if they're wii u ports to the system but still looks like great games...
My gameroom
My systems: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, original gba, gba sp(001), ds lite, 3ds, vita, psp, PSone(101 model) ps2, ps3(320gb model), ps4, retron 5, and Dreamcast.

bogusmeatfactory wrote:Ever feel like a wild gazelle in the wilderness?
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

As I have no WiiU it's tempting. Mario Maker has so many normal style built in Mario stages to take a crack at, then the access to find or make your own just seems very fun and well suited to a pickup and play device so I'm very interested in that one. Yoshi seems interesting too as it seemed to rate better than the Wii stuff from the previous generation so I could snap that up too.