Nintendo Direct 9/1/16

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Re: Nintendo Direct 9/1/16

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

After the shitstorm that Federation Force got from Metroid fans, you can never be too sure...
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

It doesn't even sound like Federation Force would have been that good even as a new IP.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Federation Force doesn't look too bad on the surface, perhaps a good bit of the digging at it is angry Metroid fans not getting what they want. It wouldn't be the first time the media and fans have done that. It's cheap and petty but it happens, repeatedly over the years.
9Volt
8-bit

Post by 9Volt »

Too much 2D games, nintendo! :|
marurun

Post by marurun »

9Volt wrote:Too much 2D games, nintendo! :|

This is the wrong forum to complain about that on : )
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

9Volt wrote:Too much 2D games, nintendo! :|

9Volt
8-bit

Post by 9Volt »

I love 2d games, but Nintendo shouldn´t attempt to bring diversity to the 3DS? My post was incorrect anyway, my thought was on 2d platform, not just 2d/2.5d games.

3DS have a lot of RPG/2D Plataform, and few good games on another genre.As example there is a good rancing game without being Mario Kart 7?
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

9Volt wrote:

I love 2d games, but Nintendo shouldn´t attempt to bring diversity to the 3DS? My post was incorrect anyway, my thought was on 2d platform, not just 2d/2.5d games.

3DS have a lot of RPG/2D Plataform, and few good games on another genre.As example there is a good rancing game without being Mario Kart 7?

The racing game example is interesting. If anything, I would postulate that Nintendo wouldn't want to make more racing games because they don't want to detract from Mario Kart's rampant popularity. I'd say someone like SEGA would have to make something to compete, but I nearly forgot they already have with Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed. Though, past those two games, I'd be hard pressed to name another racing game on the platform. Ubisoft and Capcom are two of the other big publishers on that system, and they don't really do racing games.
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
marurun

Post by marurun »

9Volt wrote:As example there is a good rancing game without being Mario Kart 7?

This could be an example of the 3rd party developer problem Nintendo has. I think the US and Europe have produced more racing games in the past decade than Japan, and I don't see a lot of 3rd party developers reaching into that space. Mario Kart is Nintendo's racing game. They already do racing. The challenge is for someone else to step up, and Nintendo doesn't have as much to do with that. It's down to a 3rd party to see there is demand.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
9Volt
8-bit

Post by 9Volt »

marurun wrote:
9Volt wrote:As example there is a good rancing game without being Mario Kart 7?

This could be an example of the 3rd party developer problem Nintendo has. I think the US and Europe have produced more racing games in the past decade than Japan, and I don't see a lot of 3rd party developers reaching into that space. Mario Kart is Nintendo's racing game. They already do racing. The challenge is for someone else to step up, and Nintendo doesn't have as much to do with that. It's down to a 3rd party to see there is demand.

They have a lot of racing IP:
Excite Bike
F-zero
Diddy Kong Racing
Kirby Air Ride
Wave Race

Yet, they don´t try to fulfill that gap, 3rd Party are not responsible for Nintendo 3DS library, Nintendo are. How many 2d plataformer they released for this console:
- New Super Mario Bros 2
- 2 Kirby
- Chibi Robo
- DK Returns
- Yoshi New Island

And they announced three new 2d plataformer, I mean...after Kid Icarus Uprising they dropped hard the investment on 3DS, ports ports and simple spin-offs.

Racing is just a example, Fighting, Shooting, Adventure, Action, Arcade...there are few games that are not port and they have IPs to use to fill that gap, the investiment is just not there, maybe it is on NX, I don´t know.