NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Re: Wii U Exclusive Games List

by ElkinFencer10 Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:48 pm

JoeAwesome wrote:
Rydon wrote:For Devils Third, I looked into this. It seems that it was released on Wii U and PC, which is why it didn't show up on the pull I did from Wikipedia. Are there any other Wii U and PC released games? I never thought to look into this for Wii U. I generally look into a single console and PC released game within the OG Xbox and 360.

I look at console exclusive as exclusive since PC versions can be quite different. Also, I find your thread title to be confusing if you're just looking for games that interest you instead of listing all Wii U exclusive games.

Also the PC release is only the multiplayer; the single player campaign is still exclusive to the Wii U.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

ejamer
128-bit

by ejamer Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:38 pm

ElkinFencer10 wrote:
JoeAwesome wrote:
Rydon wrote:For Devils Third, I looked into this. It seems that it was released on Wii U and PC, which is why it didn't show up on the pull I did from Wikipedia. Are there any other Wii U and PC released games? I never thought to look into this for Wii U. I generally look into a single console and PC released game within the OG Xbox and 360.

I look at console exclusive as exclusive since PC versions can be quite different. Also, I find your thread title to be confusing if you're just looking for games that interest you instead of listing all Wii U exclusive games.

Also the PC release is only the multiplayer; the single player campaign is still exclusive to the Wii U.

Didn't Nintendo either shut down already, or at least announce plans to shut down, the multiplayer for this game? If so, that would essentially make the PC/Wii U versions totally distinct...
Michi
Next-Gen

by Michi Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:55 pm

I wanna say that it was only announced that the Japanese version (so far) would be losing the multiplayer, but I can't remember where I read that, so I might be wrong.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

by ElkinFencer10 Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:32 pm

Nintendo is shutting down the servers for the Japanese version of the game at the end of 2016, though I'd imagine that the North American and European servers will follow suit.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Violent By Design
Next-Gen

by Violent By Design Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:16 pm

So I got my friends Wii-U for a while, and I'm starting to dive in (truth is, I might just play Smash Bros the entire time once I get a GC adapter, haha).

I do say, there arent a lot of games I am DYING to play. My friend gave me Bayo 2, DKC and Smash Bros, which are pretty much the games that I'd want to play most (bar Mario World, which is only 20 dollars retail in NYC).

I will say this though, there are still a lot of solid titles for the Wii-U, even if none of them are gonna blow me away. Truth be told, I think it's a better console than the Wii and the N64. Might have less games overall than both, and is obviously much worse commercially, but in terms of quality games I think it beats them - it certainly beats the n64 at least. The PS4 will steamroll it in terms of quality games, but like the past 3 PlayStation library have steamrolled Nintendo's console's also. Sony has much better relations with 3rd party developers than Nintendo, so it's not a surprise their consoles are always going to come out on top software wise.

It took a while for the PS4 to catch up to the Wii-U tbh, I'd say only within the past year has the PS4 started to pick up some steam.

By the way, does anyone have a list of good digital Wii-U games to get? (Exclusive or not, doesn't matter).
ejamer
128-bit

by ejamer Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:58 am

Violent By Design wrote:... Truth be told, I think it's a better console than the Wii ...

(All personal preference, but...) I think you are under appreciating how many great and unique games Wii had. They aren't as pretty, but there are dozens of fantastic games on that console.

By the way, I love light-gun style games and am totally biased. :wink:

By the way, does anyone have a list of good digital Wii-U games to get? (Exclusive or not, doesn't matter).

I've bought probably too many digital games on my Wii U. Ones that I'm happy enough with after playing to re-buy (if it was necessary) include:

Affordable Space Adventures
Demon's Crest
Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara
The Fall
Freedom Planet
Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Runbow (but going to get a physical release, so decide if you want to wait for that)
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse
Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones
SteamWorld Dig
Super Metroid
The Swindle (I really enjoyed this game, but it has some significant technical issues)
Toki Tori 2+ (Brilliant game design - open world puzzles where you have to learn from the environment to make progress; can be frustrating if you don't like figuring things out on your own.)
Xenoblade Chronicles
XType Plus

Note that if you have a Wii U, you can go into Wii mode and buy games (Virtual Console or WiiWare) from the Wii Shop also. They aren't quite as convenient to play because you have to go into Wii mode before starting the games, but it does give you access to more stuff.

My favorite picks from the Wii Shop include:

And Yet it Moves
Castlevania: Rondo of Blood
Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy Chronicles: My Life as King
Fluidity
La-Mulana (although there are better versions elsewhere now)
Lost Winds 1 & 2
Mega Man 9 & 10
Ogre Battle 64
World of Goo

One last note: didn't mention Shovel Knight above because it has a retail release, but I will mention that the co-op mode is very well done and (I think) currently exclusive to Wii U. If you like the game and have a friend into couch co-op, then buying that one Amiibo might be justified.
Sarge
Next-Gen

by Sarge Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:46 am

I'm with ejamer on this. While there are some excellent titles for the Wii U (I love mine!), my Wii library (and in particular Nintendo's output) attests to it being far better overall. Had the Wii U been more successful, I suspect we would have seen more parity, but thems the breaks.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:11 pm

Sarge wrote:I'm with ejamer on this. While there are some excellent titles for the Wii U (I love mine!), my Wii library (and in particular Nintendo's output) attests to it being far better overall. Had the Wii U been more successful, I suspect we would have seen more parity, but thems the breaks.

When you include digital-only games, I think that the Wii U is a lot closer to the Wii with regard to quality titles. (I still slightly prefer the Wii's library, however.)

I also have a tremendous number of digital games for my Wii U, and I would like to get a lot more. Here's what I have:

1001 Spikes
6180 The Moon
Abyss
Adventures of Pip
Affordable Space Adventures
Armillo
Ascent of Kings
Bird Mania Party
BIT.TRIP presents...Runner 2: Future Legend of the Rhythm Alien
Blek
Blocky Bot
Chariot
Child of Light
Cloudberry Kingdom
Cosmophony
Dot Arcade
Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara
Earthbound
Earthbound Beginnings
Edge
Electronic Super Joy
Electronic Super Joy: Groove City
Elliot Quest
Epic Dumpster Bear
Extreme Exorcism
Fast Racing Neo
Freedom Planet
FreezeMe
Futuridium EP Deluxe
GetClose
High Strangeness
Ittle Dew
Job the Leprechaun
Jones on Fire
Kick & Fennick
Knytt Underground
Kung Fu Fight!
Kung Fu Rabbit
Life of Pixel
Little Inferno
Lovely Planet
Mighty Switch Force! HD
Mighty Switch Force! 2
Near Earth Objects
Never Alone
Nova-111
Octodad: Dadliest Catch
Paper Monsters Recut
Paranautical Activity
Pushmo World
The Quiet Collection
Race the Sun
The Rivers of Alice
Runbow
Rush (It has GlaDOS in it!!!)
Scram Kitty and His Buddy on Rails
Shantae: Risky's Revenge
Shantae & The Pirate's Curse
Shutshimi
Sin & Punishment
S.M.A.R.T. Adventures: Mission Math (This one actually belongs to my daughter.)
Sportsball
Stealth Inc. 2
Stick It to the Man!
The Swapper
The Swindle
Swords & Soldiers II
Tengami
Tetrobot & Co.
Toki Tori
Toki Tori 2
Trine
Trine 2
Typoman
Ufouria
Ultratron
Unepic
X-Type+
Year Walk

Happily, I would like to add about 30 more games to that list, and typing it out made me want to go home and play video games for the rest of the day. :lol:
Last edited by prfsnl_gmr on Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michi
Next-Gen

by Michi Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:19 pm

Just seeing those lists makes me feel a little flushed. *wipes brow*

prfsnl_gmr wrote:Happily, I would like to add about 30 more games to that list, and typing it out made me want to go home and play video games for the rest of the day. :lol:

Damn job. How dare it distract you from gaming goodness!
Sarge
Next-Gen

by Sarge Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:02 pm

I guess I don't count a lot of the digital-only titles, especially if they're indies that I can also play elsewhere. They certainly help the library, though.
Return to Nintendo