NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Re: Wii U Exclusive Games List

by PartridgeSenpai Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:29 pm

alienjesus wrote:My understanding is that colour splash is like Sticker Star in battle mechanics, but the stage design and writing is much improved.

That is my understanding as well. Sticker Star felt like a game with no motivation, since it was VERY light on characters and dialogue, and also didn't even have a leveling system to its combat to encourage you to fight stuff. By all accounts, I've heard that Color Splash is Sticker Star but good, so I'd say it's something worth picking up :)

(I've been lookin' to pick it up mahself, but I haven't had a good excuse to go out and spend that much money at once yet :P )
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
Rydon
24-bit

by Rydon Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:40 pm

PartridgeSenpai wrote: and also didn't even have a leveling system to its combat to encourage you to fight stuff

That was my main problem with it. I think I beat the first castle or area (can't remember what they called it) and saw that it didn't matter who I fought or what I did. I just needed to have enough stickers to fight the boss, which goes against a RPG mindset IMO. I am not knocking a system that wants to break the mold of a certain genre, but this one seemed to just be lazy and it didn't really matter what you did in the battle system, as long as you had enough stickers and could attack enough times. I'll keep Color Splash low on the list, as it is expensive (for an "older" console game) and I probably am better off looking to get Super Mario RPG, rather than it.

Thanks
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

by PartridgeSenpai Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:41 pm

Rydon wrote:I'll keep Color Splash low on the list, as it is expensive (for an "older" console game) and I probably am better off looking to get Super Mario RPG, rather than it.

It might get a little cheaper eventually. It did come out in October of 2016, so it's hardly an old game though :lol:
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
Rydon
24-bit

by Rydon Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:07 am

PartridgeSenpai wrote:
Rydon wrote:I'll keep Color Splash low on the list, as it is expensive (for an "older" console game) and I probably am better off looking to get Super Mario RPG, rather than it.

It might get a little cheaper eventually. It did come out in October of 2016, so it's hardly an old game though :lol:

Ah, I didn't realize that it only came out last year, good to know.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:11 pm

There's too much talk here anout physical games. The Wii U eShop has some pretty awesome exclusives too, and I think we should write more about those.

They also fit better with this site, and would give us an opportunity to compare high scores in Shadow Archer (which is awesome, BTW).
Hazerd
Next-Gen

by Hazerd Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:16 pm

If they re-release all the good exclusive Wii U games on the Switch, this list wont matter.

In fact this is one thing that bothers me about being a Wii U owner, it loses its value everytime a game is re-released on another console, just like the Dreamcast.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:52 pm

They're never re releasing Epic Dumpster Bear. Download it now, and your Wii U will hold its value forever!!!!
Rydon
24-bit

by Rydon Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:37 pm

Hazerd wrote:If they re-release all the good exclusive Wii U games on the Switch, this list wont matter.

In fact this is one thing that bothers me about being a Wii U owner, it loses its value everytime a game is re-released on another console, just like the Dreamcast.

I hear ya on the Dreamcast, although I recently picked up Gut's Rage for it, which I believe has not been rereleased. Now, if it is a "good game" I am not sure. I picked it up more for being a Berserk fan and wanting to try the then, only stateside released Berserk game. Now the PS4 has a Berserk game, which I will probably also get, although I hear it is middle of the road.
Hazerd
Next-Gen

by Hazerd Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:03 pm

prfsnl_gmr wrote:They're never re releasing Epic Dumpster Bear. Download it now, and your Wii U will hold its value forever!!!!

I will need to check this out.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

by ElkinFencer10 Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:36 pm

prfsnl_gmr wrote:They're never re releasing Epic Dumpster Bear. Download it now, and your Wii U will hold its value forever!!!!

A pox on the house of any who pass up this masterpiece classic.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Return to Nintendo