NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Re: Wii U Exclusive Games List

by prfsnl_gmr Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:59 pm

I am thinking about picking up some of the Wii U ports of games released on other systems, but I really only want games with substantial features that are exclusive to the Wii U port. (On example is Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut.) Does anyone know if the Wii U ports of any of the following games have substantial features exclusive to the Wii U version?

007 Legends
Assassin's Creed III
Assassin's Creed IV
Call of Duty Black Ops II
Call of Duty Ghosts
Sniper Elite v2
Splinter Cell Blacklist
Watch_Dogs

Thanks!
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen

Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

by samsonlonghair Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:55 pm

I've been playing a lot of Poken lately. What a fantastic fighter! It's taken me a day or two to get a handle of the controls, but now I absolutely love this game. I like Poken more than Smash Bros or Tatsunoko VA Capcom. Highly recommend.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

by ElkinFencer10 Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:36 pm

samsonlonghair wrote:I've been playing a lot of Poken lately. What a fantastic fighter! It's taken me a day or two to get a handle of the controls, but now I absolutely love this game. I like Poken more than Smash Bros or Tatsunoko VA Capcom. Highly recommend.

Are you playing with the Gamepad for with the USB Pokken controller? I know it seems a little silly to buy a controller for one game, but if you dig Pokken and have a little extra money to spare, I DEFINITELY recommend it.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

samsonlonghair
Next-Gen

Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

by samsonlonghair Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:29 pm

I believe I was the one who first recommended this controller to the forum as a perfect USB controller for SNES emulation. It's no surprise that the Poken controller is also great for playing...Poken.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

by ElkinFencer10 Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:30 pm

lmfao, well, I'm lucky if I remember to lock the door when I go to bed; I can't be expected to remember who posts what when. :lol:
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Rydon
24-bit

by Rydon Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:13 pm

So since this thread kinda went off the rails on future prediections, I thought I would update everyone on my Wii U journey. I bought a Wii U a couple weeks back for $125. It was in like new condition, Zelda Wind Waker edition, 32 GB, all cables, gamepad, console, etc. No games.

Since getting the Wii U I have been trying to get a decent library of games for the console. I used my initial list at the start of this thread as a starting off point. I have limited space (1 large bookshelf for all games) so I wanted to grab the Wii U games that I would have fun with, and also are a good "foundation" (or defining games) for the console.

With this in mind, I have a question for some of the games from what I have been reading up on:

Game & Wario - I read that this was not very good, and not a great compilation of mini games. Anyone have this one and can speak to it? Would you think it is a defining game for the Wii U?

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse - Also heard this one is not very good. Clunky controls that mimic DS game but not executed as well, has anyone played both and can comment?

Paper Mario: Color Splash - Again, I read some reviews that said this game was not very good. I have played the Sticker Star 3DS title and really didn't like it. Is this one similar to Sticker Star or more akin to Thousand Year Door? Also, if it is like Sticker Star, is it better or anyone think it is worth playing?

Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric - Any good? I haven't read up anything on this one

Star Fox Zero - Again, read that this one was not great. Main thing I remember reading is that it uses the "move the gamepad to aim" and not executed well. Again, thoughts from the forum on this one?

Wii Party U Haven't read up on this one, any good?
Wii Sports Club Also haven't read up on this, can anyone vouch for it?

I also read on the thread that Zombie U is the go to for that game (which makes sense, it was built with Wii U in mind).

Also, I saw someone mention Devil's Third, which Wii U is the console exclusive for (released on PC). I am looking at getting that one as well.

Thanks
strangenova
Next-Gen

by strangenova Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:19 pm

Kirby and The Rainbow Curse is just fine in my opinion. I enjoyed the ds game and this one played the same only with a unique art style and four player coop. Recommended

Paper Mario Color Splash has more in common with sticker star than thousand year door from what I've read. (I haven't played Sticker Star myself) The game is still good though, but if you want more of a traditional mario rpg, then go on the virtual console and get paper mario 1 or one of the mario and Luigi games.

Wii Sports Club is good if you liked Wii Sports and want an HD version of it. WIIMOTES REQUIRED.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

by alienjesus Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:46 am

Rydon wrote:Kirby and the Rainbow Curse - Also heard this one is not very good. Clunky controls that mimic DS game but not executed as well, has anyone played both and can comment?

The DS game is way better, but this game is still good. I really enjoyed it.

This is fine if you don't take it too seriously. It's a very luck dependent game who wins, but as long as you're playing it with friends and don't get too antsy about that, it's fun for a quick play now and again

Thanks

I also have Star Fox and Paper Mario, but I haven't played them to judge. Paper Mario got mostly good reviews though, not heard much against it. Star Fox was very mixed in it's reception though, I think it's very much a love it or hate it affair.
Rydon
24-bit

by Rydon Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:02 pm

alienjesus wrote:
Rydon wrote:Kirby and the Rainbow Curse - Also heard this one is not very good. Clunky controls that mimic DS game but not executed as well, has anyone played both and can comment?

This is fine if you don't take it too seriously. It's a very luck dependent game who wins, but as long as you're playing it with friends and don't get too antsy about that, it's fun for a quick play now and again

Thanks

I also have Star Fox and Paper Mario, but I haven't played them to judge. Paper Mario got mostly good reviews though, not heard much against it. Star Fox was very mixed in it's reception though, I think it's very much a love it or hate it affair.

Yeah, I have some odd urge to own StarFox Zero. I like that it was the other game, StarFox guard included, the boxart looks cool, and I have a huge connection with Star Fox 64. 1 of the first games I played continually and beat on my own. All other games before that I would play with my bros (like Super Mario Bros. 3, Golden Axe, etc.) but Star Fox 64 I beat on my own and figured out a lot, so I think the urge is coming from there, who knows.

My main hesitation with Color Splash is that I really didn't like Sticker Star and so if it is more of the same on that level, I would rather not spend the $35 or so bones on it, and grab Mario Maker or something else instead.

Thanks for the feedback.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

by alienjesus Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:14 pm

Rydon wrote:
alienjesus wrote:

Thanks

Yeah, I have some odd urge to own StarFox Zero. I like that it was the other game, StarFox guard included, the boxart looks cool, and I have a huge connection with Star Fox 64. 1 of the first games I played continually and beat on my own. All other games before that I would play with my bros (like Super Mario Bros. 3, Golden Axe, etc.) but Star Fox 64 I beat on my own and figured out a lot, so I think the urge is coming from there, who knows.

My main hesitation with Color Splash is that I really didn't like Sticker Star and so if it is more of the same on that level, I would rather not spend the $35 or so bones on it, and grab Mario Maker or something else instead.

Thanks for the feedback.

My understanding is that colour splash is like Sticker Star in battle mechanics, but the stage design and writing is much improved.
Return to Nintendo