NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Re: Wii U Exclusive Games List

by PartridgeSenpai Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:05 pm

You guys are making me wanna snag that Rodhea the Sky Soldier game. It seems like it might be the Wii U's Solotorobo in terms of hella hard to find RPG-thingy.
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:15 pm

Now there's a game I keep forgetting exists I'd like to try out finally since I slightly care enough about DS again to own around 9-10 games for it. It looked fun but was out so late I ignored it.

On the cheapo debate even a new system can be had for a gross discount if you're crafty enough. When PS4 was a year old and still $400 (or more with a bundle) I was able to snap up a system for $300 off ebay which was new, but ultimately cost me $200.

How? System was $300 with a BIN, no images, marked new. Person failed to mention it was the Sony-Costco bundle where Costco cuts open the tape and throws in 5 games with it for $500 at their chain. 2 of the games I played a bit, didn't like, the others I sold sealed and whittled it down to where it sat. 50% off a year old console. Sure that's not $100, but there are ways, just think outside the box.
ejamer
128-bit

by ejamer Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:32 pm

So I dropped Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate back into my Wii U after mentioning it earlier in the thread.

It's true that 3 isn't the latest in the series (not even close any longer) but I love having this game on a big screen. The epic nature of fighting massive monsters - preferably with friends, sometimes with multiple monsters at the same time - is even better on a big screen.

I'd love to see future entries on a real console instead of restricted to handhelds. (They are still great on handhelds... but it's just not the same.) Until a new iteration arrives on console, I'd still consider this game a selling point for owning a Wii U.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

by Exhuminator Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:49 pm

From what I've read, the PSP Monster Hunter games work great with the PSTV. So you could technically play them like console games on an HDTV. :o
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
ejamer
128-bit

by ejamer Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:36 pm

Exhuminator wrote:From what I've read, the PSP Monster Hunter games work great with the PSTV. So you could technically play them like console games on an HDTV. :o

That is correct! They (or at least, Monster Hunter Freedom Unite - isn't that the only one with a digital release?) work extremely well with PSTV, and you get the added bonus of dual-analog control, so it plays better than on PSP also!

I still think that the Wii U version is the best available "big screen" Monster Hunter though. Freedom has a lot of content (maps and monsters) - but fewer weapons, less refined combat, and obvious graphical limitations. MH3U is also more beginner friendly, if that matters.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

by ElkinFencer10 Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:51 pm

Can we stop bitching about stuff that we won't even remember having bitched about by the time that we find out who was right? kthx

I don't remember how much it got discussed (I got bored and skipped ahead), but while ZombiU is no longer exclusive, it's DEFINITELY the definitive version of the game. The way that the gamepad was utilized plus the local multiplayer ensured that no port will ever live up to the original.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Exhuminator
Next-Gen

by Exhuminator Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:02 am

ejamer wrote:I still think that the Wii U version is the best available "big screen" Monster Hunter though.

Speaking from a totally legal level, I agree with you.

Speaking from a "what's technically possible level", I don't agree though. Check this out:

Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD ver. is a high definition remastering of the game for the PlayStation 3 which can be played on a PC using PSP emulators such as PPSSPP or JPCSP, is the first of Sony’s “PSP Remasters” series for the PS3. It was released in Japan on August 25, 2011 and features enhanced HD graphics, 3D support and shared save support with the PSP. -Nicoblog (link below)

Meaning you can play MHP 3rd (in English), in HD, on your HDTV, by using PPSSPP on a media PC with a controller. In effect giving you a super pretty Monster Hunter console experience, in feel and presentation anyway.

Something to mess with if you're a big MH fan with free time:

http://nicoblog.org/psp/monster-hunter- ... h-patched/

http://www.ppsspp.org/downloads.html
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
ejamer
128-bit

by ejamer Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:06 pm

Exhuminator wrote:...

Very interesting! I didn't know about that game.

Quick research didn't bring up a comparative list between games - but did suggest that opinions are divided about which is better. 3 Ultimate has slightly fewer monsters but adds G-rank quests and was frequently mentioned as being "harder" for players due to smaller hitboxes. It's a shame there isn't a version available that provides the best of both.

Why do you prefer 3rd HD?

Sounds like you can play on big screen or take your save file on the go via PSP, just like in Wii U/3DS versions? Awesome feature and one that I've used quite a bit for 3 Ultimate!

Edit: From screenshots, I find the UI elements a bit overwhelming in 3rd Portable HD. That stuff is all shifted onto the Wii U gamepad for 3 Ultimate, leaving just me and the monsters (and my life bar) on the big screen. That's not really a big deal though.
JoeAwesome
Next-Gen

by JoeAwesome Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:17 pm

Rydon wrote:For Devils Third, I looked into this. It seems that it was released on Wii U and PC, which is why it didn't show up on the pull I did from Wikipedia. Are there any other Wii U and PC released games? I never thought to look into this for Wii U. I generally look into a single console and PC released game within the OG Xbox and 360.

I look at console exclusive as exclusive since PC versions can be quite different. Also, I find your thread title to be confusing if you're just looking for games that interest you instead of listing all Wii U exclusive games.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

by Exhuminator Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:51 pm

ejamer wrote:Why do you prefer 3rd HD?

I don't. I was just saying this 3rd HD approach is an alternate way to provide the big screen Monster Hunter experience.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Return to Nintendo