NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
ejamer
128-bit

Re: Wii U Exclusive Games List

by ejamer Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:16 am

dsheinem wrote:u mad bro? No bullshit here at all.

Sure dude, whatever you say. Absolutely everyone should wait until they can get a full package with all the best games for $100 or less. That's a brilliant idea.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

by Exhuminator Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:35 am

dsheinem wrote:you should quite reasonably expect to put together outstanding Wii U bundles for $100ish in a few years

That's my plan anyway.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:45 am

ejamer wrote: Absolutely everyone should wait until they can get a full package with all the best games for $100 or less. That's a brilliant idea.

...and exactly what I said! :roll:
Fragems
Next-Gen

by Fragems Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:57 am

I don't know if I'd say the console is going to go sub $100 anytime soon if ever. Even the basic 8gb units go for around $180-200 used right now on average. If you wait for a good deal you can probably grab one for $150ish, but below that isn't very common. I really don't think the better condition consoles are going to drop that low later on either due mainly to that stupid game pad :P. Since the game pads aren't really sold separately(Sure there are used ones online but they are sitting around $100+ :P) and are a lot more susceptible to damage finding a system with a nice game pad down the road for a decent price might be difficult once the old stock disappears. The Wii U will in my opinion get no where near the used prices of the Wii even though I wish it would.
isiolia
Next-Gen

by isiolia Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:36 am

Fragems wrote:I really don't think the better condition consoles are going to drop that low later on either due mainly to that stupid game pad :P. Since the game pads aren't really sold separately(Sure there are used ones online but they are sitting around $100+ :P) and are a lot more susceptible to damage finding a system with a nice game pad down the road for a decent price might be difficult once the old stock disappears.

I can definitely see that as being a factor, though if there's enough demand, I'm sure third parties will step up. Most parts in it should be dirt cheap to replace.

Main thing, I think, for Wii U prices will be when NX information solidifies and when the console is released. Could be that Nintendo winds up releasing a lot of key Wii U games again on the NX, and people dump 'em. Could be that it's a radical departure, prompting people to hoard Wii Us as the last "real" Nintendo console.
Probably, it'll be somewhere in between, and there'll just be a window to buy stuff cheap when stores clear it out to make room for the new stuff.
mjmjr25

by mjmjr25 Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:56 am

Can you get a Gamecube and the 5 best Player's Choice games for $100?

no
Sarge
Next-Gen

by Sarge Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:28 pm

Precisely. It's a pipe dream that it will be that cheap in the near future. Okay, future me, prepare to be wrong.

Now, could you get it with five Selects at some point around the $150 range? I think that might be a little more reasonable. That'd be $100 for the system (probably in the range the 360 is in now at somewhere like GameStop) and $10 each for the games. But $100? That'd be an amazing deal that you'd have to get really lucky on.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:33 pm

mjmjr25 wrote:Can you get a Gamecube and the 5 best Player's Choice games for $100?

no

Today, no. A few years around the end of the GCN and launch of the Wii (say 2006-2008 or so)? Yes.

I am not saying Wii U prices will drop down to $100 and stay there or keep going down or something, but the bottom of the Wii U market is coming in a few years before it bounces back up. That will be the time to strike.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

by Exhuminator Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:51 pm

dsheinem wrote:Today, no. A few years around the end of the GCN and launch of the Wii (say 2006-2008 or so)? Yes.

Exactly. The GameCube angle is a flawed argument. I bought all my GameCube games during 2006-2007 and I got killer deals the whole time. We're talking Skies of Arcadia Legends brand new and sealed for less than $20. It wasn't until post-2010 that we started seeing inflated GameCube prices.

Also who's to say the Wii U games will hold the nostalgic and collector value that the GameCube does? The GameCube wasn't a super huge seller, but it certainly outsold the Wii U by a significant margin. Which for now means surplus stock on unwanted Wii U games leading to discounted prices for years to come. Especially once the NX kicks in full gear and is the new hotness.

It is possible eventually that the Wii U will become a collector's item, due to its unpopularity and disregarded exclusives. One day future hipsters may worship the Wii U. When that time comes (we're talking many years from now), then its prices may inflate to significant levels. But there will be a serious depreciation for a while.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
ejamer
128-bit

by ejamer Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:24 pm

dsheinem wrote:
ejamer wrote: Absolutely everyone should wait until they can get a full package with all the best games for $100 or less. That's a brilliant idea.

...and exactly what I said! :roll:

Yes. It's a shock that could I have missed the brilliance initially when it came from such a font of knowledge.

(Do I need to include a smiley face this time to impart sarcasm? I think it should obvious enough.)
Return to Nintendo