Friends of Nintendo Humble Bundle

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
JoeAwesome
Next-Gen

Re: Friends of Nintendo Humble Bundle

Post by JoeAwesome »

Sarge wrote:Eh, it's not really stealing from charity. Only a portion of the proceeds go to charity, and I'm assuming that they bought the bundle and are selling the extra keys. Of course, you're technically not supposed to do that, but you're also technically not supposed to trade or give away keys, either.

Sell or trade, no. Gift, yes. Giving away keys is fine.
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Post by retrosportsgamer »

If anyone wants a Freedom Planet code, pm me.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

retrosportsgamer wrote:If anyone wants a Lost Planet code, pm me.

Lost Planet? Did you mean Freedom Planet?
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Post by retrosportsgamer »

Yah, slip by me.
ejamer
128-bit

Post by ejamer »

So they've added three extra games for anyone who beat the average when buying in:
* Swords & Soldiers 2 (Wii U)
* Nano Assault EX (3DS)
* Runbow (Wii U)

As a reminder, the games that were already available were:
* Retro City Rampage: DX (3DS)
* Affordable Space Adventures (Wii U)
* Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (Wii U and 3DS)

* Freedom Planet (Wii U)
* Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's Treasure (3DS)
* Citizens of Earth (Wii U or 3DS - pick one after buying)

* Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition (3DS)
* Darksiders 2 (Wii U)

Blue games are available if you donate $1 or more.
Green games are available if you beat the average value (currently just a shade under $10) when donating.
Red games are available if you donate $13 or more.

This is an excellent value at any price point. Heck, many of these games on their own have never been available for a price this low - let alone getting a whole bundle of them. Given Nintendo's hesitance in offering deep discounts, it's not certain you'll see them this low again anytime soon.

Don't forget that, if you buy, you can use the sliders to adjust how your donation gets divided between Nintendo, the indie developers, the selected charity, and Humble Bundle's website. (My personal preference is to make sure that developers and charity get the biggest slice.)
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

I think I'm gonna get it eventually. Probably as a "job well done" for surviving this current work-crazy week. Freedom Planet and RCR are just too good to pass up for that price point, not to mention all of that other gubbins thrown in for bonus.

Plus that last review (I can't remember who by, sorry XP) of that Shantae game really sold me on it, so I'd be psyched for that one as well.
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

PartridgeSenpai wrote:I think I'm gonna get it eventually. Probably as a "job well done" for surviving this current work-crazy week. Freedom Planet and RCR are just too good to pass up for that price point, not to mention all of that other gubbins thrown in for bonus.

Plus that last review (I can't remember who by, sorry XP) of that Shantae game really sold me on it, so I'd be psyched for that one as well.

You should be excited about Affordable Space Adventures. It's great.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

I'm trying to decide if I want in on this, I probably will, but the whole time to get around to it thing is a factor.

That said, if I do, watch for free codes as I'll hand out the WiiU games.

Another option is if a couple of you want some red/blue games, start a list, we can split the pot. I'm really mostly just interested in RCR and Shatae on 3DS along with Nano Assault but the other 3DS games would be open season too.

Just throwing it out there if someone wanted to pay like $2-3 for a $10 game/$13 game however it would work out.
the7k
Next-Gen

Post by the7k »

Hmm. I already have Shantae 3 and Freedom Planet, and I don't have a 3DS nor any plans to acquire one, but I might just do this for Citizens of Earth, it seems like fun.
jmbarnes101
Next-Gen

Post by jmbarnes101 »

the7k wrote:Hmm. I already have Shantae 3 and Freedom Planet, and I don't have a 3DS nor any plans to acquire one, but I might just do this for Citizens of Earth, it seems like fun.

Affordable Space Adventures, Citizens of Earth, and Runbow for $10? That's a great deal by itself. Darksiders II for $3 is also a great deal.
My FS/FT/WTTF list:
http://racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=51197

Game Systems Owned:
NES, NES 2 (AV mod), SNES, SNES 2, N64 (Pikachu), N64 original (boxed), Gamecube (Orange, Silver, Purple), Wii, Wii U (Zelda), GB Pocket, GBA (2x-Arctic & Indigo), GBA SP (3x), DS Lite (Crimson/Black), 3DS (Aqua Blue), Sega Genesis and 32X, Game Gear, Lynx, PSP (2x), Vita, and Gold PS4.