NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Switch Discussion Thread

by noiseredux Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:07 am

yeah I talked about how neat it was seeing my XBLA acct logged into Switch for Minecraft awhile ago.

I also made THIS wild ass prediction a couple of months ago:

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts

Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:04 am
RGT: Microsoft mentioned its Project Cloud plan for 2019, which will allow you to stream Xbox One games to mobile phones "and other devices." Imagine if one of those devices was the Switch? I mean that would be the most mindblowingest thing ever.

:wink:
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:01 am

BogusMeatFactory wrote:I also have the bold ass prediction that game pass will stream its games onto the switch in the future... Bold... Ass... Prediction.

The possibilities are interesting. Think Nintendo would allow that? I mean... I guess one would have to buy a Switch first to get access to the Xbox stuff. Win win?
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

by BogusMeatFactory Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:24 am

Xeogred wrote:
BogusMeatFactory wrote:I also have the bold ass prediction that game pass will stream its games onto the switch in the future... Bold... Ass... Prediction.

The possibilities are interesting. Think Nintendo would allow that? I mean... I guess one would have to buy a Switch first to get access to the Xbox stuff. Win win?

They would also get a cut for any games purchased/rented/subscribed to and I can most definitely assure you a TON of people would plunk down their life savings to get access to the Rare Replay on the switch, not to mention games like Luckys tale, sea of thieves (screw the haters the game is magic), Halo, Gears of War etc.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:55 am

You know it's quite possible, Rare Replay and much more. The fact Nintendo is authorizing it, and MS wants to put the xbox services on the hardware along with themselves (PC and their xbox) while EXCLUDING Sony seems to be a glaring obvious choice to try and cause a shift in the market and who controls what. If you have Nintendo on the handheld side and MS on the pc/console side through the app collaborating in some ways it could work as a shut out against Sony. For all we know that could be the intent to a degree. What if this also went to getting more xbox ports to Switch and they can cross talk via xbox services, now that would tempt people to dump or just in a pinch decide they want a non-Sony system. There could be layers to this or it's being over analyzed.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:08 am

yeah I think that Nintendo and MS teaming up is brilliant honestly. MS never had a portable and people always wondered if they would - The Switch could be just that. And then Nintendo benefits from the XBL platform (IE: the infrastructure for good in-game chat and buddy lists and achievements... that THEIR fans have clamored for).
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:18 am

Kirby's Adventure and SMB2 being added to Switch Online this month. I bought SMB2 on VC last month. I knew this would happen haha.
marurun

by marurun Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:43 am

And Kirby's Adventure is legit my fave Kirby title. I love what it does on the little NES that could.
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:08 pm

It's just straight up on the best platformers ever. I'd put it on par with Mario 3 and World.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:52 pm

I too put that solitary Kirby game on par with the same 2 Mario’s (#3 and #4) too. The depth, the stages, the designs, all the ‘suits’ for Kirby, the hidden paths like SMW had and more. A truly fantastic release. The GBA version is solid too, a little less, not sure why if it’s just feelings or they tweaked it somehow but still right there. I’d put Kirbys Dream Land 2 behind that game.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:27 am

OMG Switch is getting all those enhanced D&D games:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/0 ... ch_in_2019
Return to Nintendo