Switch Discussion Thread

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
strangenova
Next-Gen

Re: Switch Discussion Thread

Post by strangenova »

So I started Momodora last night. Pretty good so far, combat is tight and challenging and the atmosphere is impressive. Right from the title screen I was absorbed with the visuals and music. I'm at 20% map completion and I'll likely put some more time into it tonight.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Glad you like it. :mrgreen:

Yeah the difficulty is definitely solid... I recall some late game bosses being really tough, but I think the save points were nearby or maybe you even got continues? I don't remember ever losing any major progress but took a few deaths later on I think. The atmosphere is indeed awesome like you said. Got a lot of Bloodborne vibes hehe.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Lightseekers is out now!

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/l ... ers-switch

New free to play card game where you can buy actual physical cards and scan them into your digital deck. This sounds kind of awesome!
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Did anyone else get this Nintendo New Year's Newsletter email?

Mine says I've played my Switch 37 hrs in the last 90 days; my most played game of the year was Skyrim; and 49% for "Percentile of your top game hours against other players" whatever the heck that's supposed to mean.

Also, there's a Nindies focused Nintendo Direct airing today I believe.

Also also, I played some Lightseekers last night and it seems legit. It's a card get, but not as overtly Hearthstone as Elder Scrolls Legends was. This seems really good and addicting. Free cards seem to unlock pretty easily, so if you don't want to buy (realworld physical) cards, it doesn't seem like you HAVE to. Would be cool if anyone else got into it so we could play.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

I might check out lightseekers, but I don't have too much time at the moment.

So we got a little nindies video today. Super excited that war groove comes out next week!! May have to grab that one.. We shall see!
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I have a strong feeling that Wargroove will get a physical release thru LRG or someone else, so I'll hold off for now.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

So I somehow managed to completely miss this, but there's a new Toejam and Earl game coming out on the Switch (and PS4) later this year and LRG will be publishing a physical version. How did I only just find this out!?
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Reprise wrote:So I somehow managed to completely miss this, but there's a new Toejam and Earl game coming out on the Switch (and PS4) later this year and LRG will be publishing a physical version. How did I only just find this out!?

Yeah with war groove coming out next week, toejam and earl coming out at the beginning of March and dragons dogma hitting in April, my 1st quarter is packed!

Also, I totally forgot that wargroove comes out with a robust campaign creator with dialog and combat scenarios. So that shot up greatly into my must plays right away. Anyone else gonna get it on switch and I interested in playing or making custom campaigns?
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:
Reprise wrote:and dragons dogma hitting in April, my 1st quarter is packed!

Wow, I missed that announcement too!

*heads to google...*
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

So wargroove is cross play and cross share for campaigns, so pc players can interact with switch players, making this an absolute pre-order! I am losing my mind with hype Lal of a sudden. I watched a video on the campaign editor and it is a full fledged strategy rpg maker system with the ability to make custom cutscenes, unique win scenarios, branching paths based on decisions and battle outcomes and so much more. Holy crap is this in depth.