NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Re: Switch Discussion Thread

by Jmustang1968 Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:12 am

Reprise wrote:
BogusMeatFactory wrote:Nothing makes me happier knowing that katamari damacy rerolled on switch is the number 3 best seller behind Diablo 3 and smash bros Ultimate currently on the eShop.

Still waiting on my copy from Play Asia :(

It was delayed for some reason... (not sure if the physical release was delayed in Japan and Asia or if it's just a Play-Asia thing)

Didn't want the US release, or does the Play Asia version come with something special?
Reprise
Next-Gen

by Reprise Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:21 am

Jmustang1968 wrote:
Reprise wrote:
BogusMeatFactory wrote:Nothing makes me happier knowing that katamari damacy rerolled on switch is the number 3 best seller behind Diablo 3 and smash bros Ultimate currently on the eShop.

Still waiting on my copy from Play Asia :(

It was delayed for some reason... (not sure if the physical release was delayed in Japan and Asia or if it's just a Play-Asia thing)

Didn't want the US release, or does the Play Asia version come with something special?

I live in the UK and we didn't get a physical version. I couldn't find an easy (or affordable) way to import the US version unfortunately.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation One, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo Switch, OUYA.

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
Twitter: https://twitter.com/366GamesToPlay
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:09 am

Looks like all the terrible pre-NeoGeo SNK arcade games are gonna roll out yet again via Arcade Archives.

The world was surely begging for another version of Athena.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:38 am

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Looks like all the terrible pre-NeoGeo SNK arcade games are gonna roll out yet again via Arcade Archives.

The world was surely begging for another version of Athena.

Weird considering the SNK 40th Anniversary compilation.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:09 pm

Eh it is but makes sense. If someone wasn't willing to drop full price on the actual package deal, they may just want one or two games and it would be cheaper doing just that.
bmoc
Next-Gen

by bmoc Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:47 pm

Not sure if this has been mentioned here...

PSA: If you got a physical copy of Super Smash Bros Ultimate for Christmas, be sure to redeem the My Nintendo coins by Jan 31st so you can get the Piranha Plant code via email from Nintendo.

It seems to take a few days to get the code from what I am reading. I redeemed my coins yesterday and I haven't gotten the code yet.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:50 pm

So for Christmas I did receive Rollercoaster Tycoon Adventures, Sega Genesis Classics, and SNK 40th Anniversary. I also used a gift card to nab the Seiken Densetsu Collection.

In related news, as much as I've been fighting it I feel like I'll probably cave in and get Pokemon: Let's Go sometime soon. I'm still pissed about the motion control thing on big screen, but screw it. I guess I'll just play it 100% in handheld mode, then.
Reprise
Next-Gen

by Reprise Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:16 pm

noiseredux wrote:In related news, as much as I've been fighting it I feel like I'll probably cave in and get Pokemon: Let's Go sometime soon. I'm still pissed about the motion control thing on big screen, but screw it. I guess I'll just play it 100% in handheld mode, then.

It's a lot of fun, I don't think you will regret it. I only play it in handheld mode, but I'm ok with that (it's the only game I exclusively play in handheld mode).
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation One, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo Switch, OUYA.

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
Twitter: https://twitter.com/366GamesToPlay
Arenegeth
24-bit

by Arenegeth Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:02 pm

It's still technically 'motion controls' in handheld mode , since you aim your throws by moving around the whole system. But is still a lot more accurate than the Joycon or the ball.

I'm personally using the ball throughout the game and only switching to handheld when the real grinding starts at post game.

The game is easy enough as it is, and mine is a lot easier since I have a level 100 Pikachu and a level 45 Mew and I haven't even left Pallet town yet (well I went to Viridian City and came back so I could actually get Mew).

Well Mew will also be 100 by the time I get going (sometime next year) and both Pokemon fully candied.

All that courtesy of the ball and my long daily walks with my dogs.
marurun

by marurun Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:28 pm

Arenegeth wrote: both Pokemon fully candied.

I am imagining a pot on a stove with a candy thermometer sticking up out of it and two Pokémon pinched delicately at the end of long tongs, about to be dipped into the hot caramel.
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Return to Nintendo