Switch Discussion Thread

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Switch Discussion Thread

Post by noiseredux »

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 next year... Switch exclusive!
Arenegeth
24-bit

Post by Arenegeth »

This is the kind of exclusives the Switch needs.

Personally, I'm not familiar with the series and I'm not a fan of the Marvel Universe (or super hero comics in general) so is hard to get excited about this.

But the gameplay looks interesting, not too fond of the art style, but I can live with it. I guess I'll wait until more info about it comes out, will look into the older games in the meantime.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Co-op is the main appeal to the Ultimate Alliance games.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Champing at the bit to buy smash bros. At my local meijer with coupons in hand to buy this bad boy for a whopping $30. The deals are real.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

Persona 5's Joker announced as Smash Bros first DLC character at the Game Awards!
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
Arenegeth
24-bit

Post by Arenegeth »

Xeogred wrote:Co-op is the main appeal to the Ultimate Alliance games.

Probably why they skipped my purview, since I'm not much of a co-op guy, that and Activision Publishing the games.

In any case, the original game looks like is best played on PC and a physical copy is pretty cheap and available, and it was back from the days where the actual games were still on the disc, so it won't cost me much to aquatint myself with the series.

Nothing about Metroid Prime Trilogy from the awards, or much about the Switch besides Ultimate Alliance and the Joker DLC. Though a lot of the multiplatform games that were revealed are getting ports. Though for me, that means I'll be getting them on the other systems instead (which is to say PS4 or PC).
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

After the trailer I described Ultimate Alliance as "Marvel Diablo" to my wife, so we'll be getting that for sure. But yeah, I think your appreciation for the Marvel license will definitely make a big difference in your interest level.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

So I got to the store to get smash bros. At midnight and was surprised to find that not a single person was waiting. I had a few minutes to spare so I was just browsing the store and when the time arrived there was one other person who wanted it. He was a younger kid and I decided to strike up a conversation. This is how it went down.

Me: excited for smash?

Kid: yeah

Me: Who are you going to play as?

Kid: undecided. You?

Me: Mr. Game & Watch is my guy.

Kid: What's that? Is that a story guy?

Me: He's from the early 80s and is just a silly character who I love playing as.

Kid: So how does it work?

Me: Mr Game & Watch?

Kid: No the characters.

Me: Like, to play?

Kid: No, to unlock them.

Me: You can unlock them in story mode and by just doing matches.

Kid: Oh, so that guy you play is important to the story?

Me: Probably not.

Kid: oh.

And that was where it ended. This kid was in his early 20s... Super awkward.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Apparently the Crash Team Racing and Mortal Kombat 11 that were announced at the Game Awards will be coming to Switch also.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Metroid Prime may not have been a FPS exactly, at least by Nintendo's explanation, but they left it acting like one once the Space Pirates entered the game. It made the controls go from fantastic is frustrating. They could pop on screen alone or multiple, bob, weave, random movement all while firing off shots. You couldn't do this without being a bullseye, holding a button so you could aim, then another button (kept held) to lock on to track. Only then could you also move as well to defend and attack. FPS or not, that was one ignorant rotten way to have to deal with enemies like that. Previous targets worked great using the existing control scheme. I loved the Trilogy for correcting that oversight. I get how some think it's awesome, and it was for a good chunk of the game, but it just doesn't play well or smoothly in those circumstances. So in that case motion control, as far as a Wii controller as a crosshair to shoot at stuff (kind of like a pc-less ghetto mouse/keys combo) made sense. Gyro moving an entire panel, that's a bad idea, couldn't stand that the moment they saddled Steel Diver on the 3DS launch with that one.

In the end it should have any option viable for people if they're yet again re-releasing this bundle so anyone can have the comfort of it as it won't be some competitive mess that may have advantages to one player over another anyway. Nintendo though loves to shoehorn bad ideas into games to ruin the flow as was pointed out earlier with waggle to spin in Mario Odyssey and that's Switch territory so they haven't given it up.

BogusMeatFactory wrote:Champing at the bit to buy smash bros. At my local meijer with coupons in hand to buy this bad boy for a whopping $30. The deals are real.

You got another coupon?? Sheesh lucky. I signed up, got nothing but more custom food coupons for stuff I pick up.

Also frustrated with myself. The last 2 days I've attempted to make time to play Monster Boy. Day one, fired up the game, passed out until late, but at least the Switch put itself to sleep too. Same again last night, didn't even get to the system, was doing a little hour long side job doing some ratings and passed out when almost finished on that, woke up finished it and to bed. I really want to get time for this game. >:\