NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Re: Switch Discussion Thread

by PartridgeSenpai Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:42 am

noiseredux wrote:Oh, and there's a rumor that a Swedish retailer has let it slip that Metroid Prime Trilogy is coming to Switch in Feb. That's something I'd be super happy about.

Oh yeah! They have one up for The Last Story II, too, yeah? All stuff people are speculating Nintendo is gonna announce at the Game Awards tomorrow.
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:11 pm

I'd buy it again as anything Wii branded isn't allowed here. :) That game made a troubled control game run like magic for me. I really loved playing Prime on the Wii since the controls were dramatically superior on it. Either playing on joycon detached or even using the stick to dual stick aim/shoot would be a huge step up over the ratty gamecube setup. I never finished the game as it got intolerable late with the big omega pirate. Standing there getting torn up trying to get a lock on because they wasted the c-sticks on visors blew me away and still does.
Reprise
Next-Gen

by Reprise Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:48 pm

My Monster Boy arrived along with the Sega Mega Drive Classics Collection. Man, it's a shame the audio is noticeably waaaaay off in the Sega Collection. I think by now every one knows and most people don't mind, but it's so noticeable when you still play your Mega Drive (or Genesis) regularly :(
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation One, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo Switch, OUYA.

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo ID: Mark-Beth
Twitter: https://twitter.com/366GamesToPlay
marurun

by marurun Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:52 pm

Sega STILL hasn’t figured out their own audio emulation? What the balls?
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:43 pm

December 13

Phantasy Star
Reprise
Next-Gen

by Reprise Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:39 pm

marurun wrote:Sega STILL hasn’t figured out their own audio emulation? What the balls?

To be fair, development was outsourced to d3t, but yeah... That said, the Sega Ages titles on Switch developed by M2 are supposed to be much better in the sound department.

Anyways, I REALLY hope Metroid Prime Trilogy HD is announced tomorrow. I have been wanting an HD remaster since the Wii U came out. I appreciate the Wii trilogy, but I really want an HD version that brings back the removed effects and provides the option to play with the original control method (particularly for the first two titles that weren't developed with motion controls in mind).
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation One, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo Switch, OUYA.

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo ID: Mark-Beth
Twitter: https://twitter.com/366GamesToPlay
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:00 pm

Reprise wrote:Anyways, I REALLY hope Metroid Prime Trilogy HD is announced tomorrow. I have been wanting an HD remaster since the Wii U came out. I appreciate the Wii trilogy, but I really want an HD version that brings back the removed effects and provides the option to play with the original control method (particularly for the first two titles that weren't developed with motion controls in mind).

Dude the Game Awards rumors are killing me... this one especially.

I think Nintendo needs to do it, since Metroid isn't always their biggest blockbuster... Prime 4 could use a little more prep and hype.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:49 pm

Xeogred wrote:
Reprise wrote:Anyways, I REALLY hope Metroid Prime Trilogy HD is announced tomorrow. I have been wanting an HD remaster since the Wii U came out. I appreciate the Wii trilogy, but I really want an HD version that brings back the removed effects and provides the option to play with the original control method (particularly for the first two titles that weren't developed with motion controls in mind).

Dude the Game Awards rumors are killing me... this one especially.

I think Nintendo needs to do it, since Metroid isn't always their biggest blockbuster... Prime 4 could use a little more prep and hype.

Not just that, but it's a logical progression of a series effectively dead since the Wii. Yeah it got that digital release that slipped out on their crap last gen console, but by then diehards aside who kept seeing no or limited fault in the system, everyone else had moved along elsewhere. Switch is the anti-WiiU and the base shows it already this little into it so it would be a hell of a wise decision to give the definitive releases of these past games, especially the first two with the fixed up controls (to play better and for consistency) so people are primed, ready, and familiar with the story. I really do hope it's real as I'd buy it again. I still have Prime on the Cube, but I never played the 2nd one other than the demo run of it as the Fusion Tour long ago, back when lazy Nintendo did visit town here to show off stuff.
Arenegeth
24-bit

by Arenegeth Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:19 am

I wouldn't mind a new release of the Trilogy, but I'm just hoping is not a lazy one.

It needs to run at least at 720p and have Pro Controller support and a physical release as a minimum, if is just a digital re-release of the Wii U version, I'm not interested.

As for helping with Metroid Prime 4 selling more?

Unless they turn Prime 4 to a Battle Royale or whatever else is trendy these days, the style of game the Prime games are (first person Metroidvania's) is not really marketable to a mainstream audience.

Though I have a feeling Metroid Prime 4 in particular, will sell better than most Metroid games, just because there's a hunger for exclusive AAA software for the Switch, but is never doing Mario Kart numbers.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:15 am

Oh yeah, if it doesn't support Pro controllers then I'm out.
Return to Nintendo