Switch Discussion Thread

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Re: Switch Discussion Thread

Post by Tanooki »

I may get it one day, but as nice as it looks I fear it's just another 100hr RPG I'll quit in 30-40 on if I can even commit that much. I've got Skyrim sitting here as it is and two mass size games competing for time is a disaster.
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

I'm in chapter 3 of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and I still haven't gotten any Blades that can topple. Do those come later or have I just had bad luck with the randomly acquired Blades?
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

Tanooki wrote:I may get it one day, but as nice as it looks I fear it's just another 100hr RPG I'll quit in 30-40 10-20.

Yeah, this is me.
Last edited by Reprise on Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

Reprise wrote:
Tanooki wrote:I may get it one day, but as nice as it looks I fear it's just another 100hr RPG I'll quit in 10-20.

Yeah, this is me.

I wasn't able to sit to the end of Xenoblade 1, so I've never really given the others a try. I went PRETTY ham on sidequests though, so I think that may've burned me out a bit. I keep meaning to give the 3DS version I picked up a try. I think focusing more on the main story and having it more pick-up-and-play will help a lot.
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

I think I'm really shit at this game. I'm level 14, and I'm still getting ganked by level 11 and 12 shit...
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

ElkinFencer10 wrote:I think I'm really shit at this game. I'm level 14, and I'm still getting ganked by level 11 and 12 shit...

Make sure your Blades are fully equipped. It makes a big difference. The common Blades are kind of bad and really only situationally useful. Stick with rare Blades if you can.

Have you gotten your tank character yet? Having the holy trinity of classes (tank, attacker, healer) is also a big deal in the early game at least.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Na, I'm still in Chapter 2. Just got the stuff to repair the robot. Yesterday was....busy. and dramatic.

bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

ElkinFencer10 wrote:Na, I'm still in Chapter 2. Just got the stuff to repair the robot. Yesterday was....busy. and dramatic.

In that case my other advice is to spend some time with the mini-game that upgrades the robot as soon as it is available.
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

bmoc wrote:I'm in chapter 3 of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and I still haven't gotten any Blades that can topple. Do those come later or have I just had bad luck with the randomly acquired Blades?

Answered my own question. Break/topple works after an event in chapter 3.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Found my problem! I was trying to take on shit as a party of one...lol