NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
User avatar
Tanooki
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 6206
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:06 pm

Re: Switch Discussion Thread

by Tanooki Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:17 pm

I may get it one day, but as nice as it looks I fear it's just another 100hr RPG I'll quit in 30-40 on if I can even commit that much. I've got Skyrim sitting here as it is and two mass size games competing for time is a disaster.
User avatar
bmoc
128-bit
 
Posts: 984
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 1:36 pm

Re: Switch Discussion Thread

by bmoc Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:21 pm

I'm in chapter 3 of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and I still haven't gotten any Blades that can topple. Do those come later or have I just had bad luck with the randomly acquired Blades?
User avatar
Reprise
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 2912
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:27 am
Location: Earth

Re: Switch Discussion Thread

by Reprise Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:02 am

Tanooki wrote:I may get it one day, but as nice as it looks I fear it's just another 100hr RPG I'll quit in 30-40 10-20.


Yeah, this is me.
Last edited by Reprise on Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation One, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo Switch, OUYA.

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo ID: Mark-Beth
Twitter: https://twitter.com/366GamesToPlay
User avatar
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 1713
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:27 am
Location: SE Mittlandia, USA

Re: Switch Discussion Thread

by PartridgeSenpai Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:53 am

Reprise wrote:
Tanooki wrote:I may get it one day, but as nice as it looks I fear it's just another 100hr RPG I'll quit in 10-20.


Yeah, this is me.


I wasn't able to sit to the end of Xenoblade 1, so I've never really given the others a try. I went PRETTY ham on sidequests though, so I think that may've burned me out a bit. I keep meaning to give the 3DS version I picked up a try. I think focusing more on the main story and having it more pick-up-and-play will help a lot.
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
User avatar
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 6384
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:34 pm
Location: Henderson, North Carolina

Re: Switch Discussion Thread

by ElkinFencer10 Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:54 am

I think I'm really shit at this game. I'm level 14, and I'm still getting ganked by level 11 and 12 shit...
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Image
Image
User avatar
bmoc
128-bit
 
Posts: 984
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 1:36 pm

Re: Switch Discussion Thread

by bmoc Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:29 am

ElkinFencer10 wrote:I think I'm really shit at this game. I'm level 14, and I'm still getting ganked by level 11 and 12 shit...

Make sure your Blades are fully equipped. It makes a big difference. The common Blades are kind of bad and really only situationally useful. Stick with rare Blades if you can.

Have you gotten your tank character yet? Having the holy trinity of classes (tank, attacker, healer) is also a big deal in the early game at least.
User avatar
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 6384
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:34 pm
Location: Henderson, North Carolina

Re: Switch Discussion Thread

by ElkinFencer10 Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:43 am

Na, I'm still in Chapter 2. Just got the stuff to repair the robot. Yesterday was....busy. and dramatic.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Image
Image
User avatar
bmoc
128-bit
 
Posts: 984
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 1:36 pm

Re: Switch Discussion Thread

by bmoc Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:50 am

ElkinFencer10 wrote:Na, I'm still in Chapter 2. Just got the stuff to repair the robot. Yesterday was....busy. and dramatic.

In that case my other advice is to spend some time with the mini-game that upgrades the robot as soon as it is available.
User avatar
bmoc
128-bit
 
Posts: 984
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 1:36 pm

Re: Switch Discussion Thread

by bmoc Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:42 am

bmoc wrote:I'm in chapter 3 of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and I still haven't gotten any Blades that can topple. Do those come later or have I just had bad luck with the randomly acquired Blades?

Answered my own question. Break/topple works after an event in chapter 3.
User avatar
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 6384
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:34 pm
Location: Henderson, North Carolina

Re: Switch Discussion Thread

by ElkinFencer10 Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:19 pm

Found my problem! I was trying to take on shit as a party of one...lol
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Image
Image
Return to Nintendo

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 5 guests