Switch Discussion Thread

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Re: NX Predictions Thread

Post by Exhuminator »

I wouldn't mind having a Wii U. But honestly the thing only has two games I consider killer apps and one isn't even out yet. Bayonetta 2 and Tokyo Mirage Sessions.

The 3DS I love. I own a 3DS and a 2DS. But damn I wish the thing had a higher resolution. I've seen calculators with higher resolutions! (Well I guess there's always Citra.)

I don't know what the NX is really going to be. But I do know it's going to be the make or break platform for me and Nintendo. We've got a long, long history together. But nostalgia only lasts so long. I've seen too many balls dropped on the 3DS and Wii U front to still feel the warm and fuzzies by default.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

Xeogred wrote:
Stark wrote:As someone who bought a WiiU with the promise of the next Zelda and as someone who likes to have the 'best' version of something, the news that the (assumedly) best new version of the new Zelda will be on NX is very annoying. I probably should've skipped the WiiU generation.

The two HD remasters and or Hyrule Warriors didn't help?
Not for me they didn't. I've beaten Wind Waker before and played through a bunch of TP. Hyrule Warriors isn't a mainline Zelda game, so it doesn't count to me. Metroid is also distressing.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Assuming that the next Zelda will be a Wii U / NX release, who says the NX version will be the "best"? It's very debatable if Twilight Princess is better on GCN or Wii.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

Ziggy587 wrote:Assuming that the next Zelda will be a Wii U / NX release, who says the NX version will be the "best"? It's very debatable if Twilight Princess is better on GCN or Wii.

Well Nintendo said that they are releasing it on both, so ...

There isn't too much precedent for assuming that the NX version will be the best, but it is just a general assumption that the newer hardware will run the software better. Since it is Nintendo, I guess it will probably come down to controls like it did for TP.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Ziggy587 wrote:Assuming that the next Zelda will be a Wii U / NX release, who says the NX version will be the "best"? It's very debatable if Twilight Princess is better on GCN or Wii.

Didnt the Wiiu version combine the best of both to make a better game?

Honestly asking, not trying to be a jerk.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

fastbilly1 wrote:

It was mostly the controls IMO. Do you want to play with a Gamecube controller or do you want to use a Wiimote?

http://www.ign.com/wikis/the-legend-of- ... ifferences
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Stark wrote:
fastbilly1 wrote:

It was mostly the controls IMO. Do you want to play with a Gamecube controller or do you want to use a Wiimote?

http://www.ign.com/wikis/the-legend-of- ... ifferences

Sorry, that was a bit confusing, I meant isnt the Wiiu version now the best because it combines all the best aspects of the other two?
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

fastbilly1 wrote:Sorry, that was a bit confusing, I meant isnt the Wiiu version now the best because it combines all the best aspects of the other two?

I actually don't know, does the Twilight Princess HD Remaster let you use a Wiimote or the more standard controller? Good question.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

Twilight Princess HD is the best version in my opinion, due to combining the Wii's 16:9 widescreen ratio and the Gamecube's control scheme (plus non-mirrored gameplay), all with glorious HD remastering. BUT it does not allow you to use a wii remote and use the Wii's control scheme. You have to use a normal controller or the Gamepad and use the traditional control style. For that reason, I guess it's not definitely the "definitive version" because there may be, like, four people in the world who actually like the god-awful Wii controls.

That said, you can still use the gamepad's motion/gyroscope for aiming the bow and arrow and boomerang etc, which works well.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Thanks Reprise