Switch Discussion Thread

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Re: Switch Discussion Thread

Post by Forlorn Drifter »

Also on PS4, XB1, and PC, but Konami just announced 3 retro collections, with some versions of the announcement (whether that be different languages, different media releases, etc.) suggesting not may come in the future.

An Arcade Classics collection (8 games, so-so selection IMO), a Castlevania Collection (Castlevania 1, 3, GB version of 2, Super Castlevania 4 + 4 unannounced games) and a Contra Collection (Contra, Super Contra, Super C, Contra 3).

I'm excited- although Capcom has been awfully quiet the last couple of years, I'm hoping we will at least get some more releases from the back catalogue. Fingers crossed for a MGS Collection on Switch.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
marurun

Post by marurun »

Really disappointed in the arcade title selection. Konami has so much more to offer, and that's a pretty paltry way to represent it.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Really really hope that the CV collection gets a physical release. I already own II and IV on Virtual Console. And just as a big fan of the series, would love to have a physical collection on my shelf. At any rate, I'm thrilled to see that a Game Boy title is included. I can't wait to see what else is. (My hunch is that the full NES trilogy will be here, and so will the SNES Dracula X).
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Post by Forlorn Drifter »

I'm guessing at best there's a a Japan or Asia physical. Everything I've seen says (though I don't know how they know) digital only world wide. Hopefully that's wrong. I also hope that if there's a future Castlevania collection it includes the GBA/DS stuff.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

I don't know if anyone here is interested in the physical version of Walking Dead The Final Season, but just to warn you guys who hate this kind of thing, it's one of those silly season pass type of deals. Only the first episode is on the cartridge, whilst the rest have to be downloaded (and - I'm presuming - because I got the game early, I can't actually download the other episodes yet... :roll: )

What's even worse, is the PS4 and XB1 versions have episodes 1-3 on the disc and only episode 4 needs to be downloaded. Now, maybe that would make sense if it was a compromise they took to maintain parity in pricing between all three versions, but the usual additional £10 'Switch tax' is still in place, despite them cheaping out and only using probably just a 2gb card (I'm presuming episode 1 would fit a 2gb card).
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I actually didn't even know if was getting a physical release at all.

Did the Telltale Batman games have all eps on the cartridge?
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

noiseredux wrote:I actually didn't even know if was getting a physical release at all.

Did the Telltale Batman games have all eps on the cartridge?

Yeah, the first Telltale Batman game does. I don't think the second one got a physical release for the Switch (at least I don't think it did in Europe).
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Anyone notice Snow Battle Princess Sayuki on the eShop (and/or Steam)?

It's literally the PS2 game Heavenly Guardian rereleased.
https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/s ... uki-switch
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Anyone notice Snow Battle Princess Sayuki on the eShop (and/or Steam)?

It's literally the PS2 game Heavenly Guardian rereleased.
https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/s ... uki-switch

oh weird. I almost re-bought the Wii version last weekend, because I saw it super cheap and sort of enjoyed it back in the day.
Balasubbie
128-bit

Post by Balasubbie »

Reprise wrote:I don't know if anyone here is interested in the physical version of Walking Dead The Final Season, but just to warn you guys who hate this kind of thing, it's one of those silly season pass type of deals. Only the first episode is on the cartridge, whilst the rest have to be downloaded (and - I'm presuming - because I got the game early, I can't actually download the other episodes yet... :roll: )

What's even worse, is the PS4 and XB1 versions have episodes 1-3 on the disc and only episode 4 needs to be downloaded. Now, maybe that would make sense if it was a compromise they took to maintain parity in pricing between all three versions, but the usual additional £10 'Switch tax' is still in place, despite them cheaping out and only using probably just a 2gb card (I'm presuming episode 1 would fit a 2gb card).

Well, fuck. We pre-ordered the physical edition partly to avoid taking up space on the console.

The history of Telltale: TWD on the Switch is a little scalpy and afterthought-y. The craic Telltale pulled with their previous TWD release on the Switch was fierce nonsense and they never got around to seasons 2 & 3 before shutting up shop.