Switch Discussion Thread

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
marurun

Re: Switch Discussion Thread

Post by marurun »

dsheinem wrote:No, we will be getting a Switch U.

Hey, Switch U, too, jerk!

:wink:
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

The long delayed Switch version of Battlechasers may be happening soon! https://twitter.com/AirshipSyn/status/9 ... 1641841665
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Now there's one I totally gave up on. If I can find the time to bother with it down the line I'll either get it on GoG or Switch, likely GoG though due to 50+% off sales and all that. Their opportunity for me to pay asking price got f'd off months ago due to their as far as I care at this rate inexcusable issues. Same can be said for Yooka Laylee and my annoyance on them removing the physical copy on Switch has stopped me from even buying it at 50% off on GoG in the last 2 sales. I do want it, but probably going to wait for 66 or 75% off to make time for it.

I know I can't feel alone or be alone with sentiment somewhat like this. A little delay is fine, but months, half year-ish or more along is beyond reasonable yet there's no reason not to still enjoy something. A profit draining slap on the wrist is all you can do as a buyer.

Right now I'm just looking forward to Monster Boy, Dark Souls, and the SNK Gals Fighter sequel. Beyond that, I'm honestly not sure as it will just depend on what comes along on a little card I'd like. Shantae is a maybe, Street Fighter is likely if they don't cut out some product again like MML1+2 and RER1+2, Ys7 is a maybe but I have the others on GoG, Wolfenstein II is a must, and there are Nintendo things. WiiU had that Hyrule Warriors and DKC game going for it so maybe.
marurun

Post by marurun »

Would definitely prefer they delay release than publish something half-assed that's broken.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

I would too, but only so far. When it comes down to a delay being so bad it impacts the sales and interest of the game because you could get it 3+ other places, and then when it does arrive, for notably less it's pretty damning. Look at Battle Chasers or Yooka Laylee, when they popped up I think they were like $40 games. Both now see 1/2 off sales in the digital space so it's hard to really want to pay twice the price just to get a very delayed release on the Switch. I mean if you're stuck by circumstance or choice of it being your only system that's fine. In general that won't be the deal for most, and if the publishers are cowardly excuse makers like how EA does business they'll just point fingers how it sold badly ignoring the why and then further negative consequences occur.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

So what if they charge a price that is different on one platform versus another? When a game comes out on a system for the first time, versus being out on pc for multiple years, it doesn't usually come out at the pc price.

So you don't buy battle chasers on the switch... big freaking deal! No one here is trying to justify why you should buy a game. You don't want to buy it... woohoo! Let's all throw a party for your childish outrage.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Wow mature post manchild. I'm pointing out the fact delayed games seem to follow a pattern where then the developer complains they sell poorly and then don't accept responsibility for the delay but then blame the consumer and then stop making future releases or cut back support. It's a nasty little cycle that repeatedly plays out and it's tiresome. Truth be told I was going to buy that game, but I lost interest entirely with the delays so I wouldn't buy it for cheaper on another format anyway. Stuff came out since that got my money instead that was enjoyable too so there was no loss.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Tanooki wrote:Wow mature post manchild. I'm pointing out the fact delayed games seem to follow a pattern where then the developer complains they sell poorly and then don't accept responsibility for the delay but then blame the consumer and then stop making future releases or cut back support. It's a nasty little cycle that repeatedly plays out and it's tiresome. Truth be told I was going to buy that game, but I lost interest entirely with the delays so I wouldn't buy it for cheaper on another format anyway. Stuff came out since that got my money instead that was enjoyable too so there was no loss.

Entitled much? You seem to lack any comprehension of game development and make a lot of assumptions about developers intentions. Keep bring a sad angry kid.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

Tanooki wrote:Wow mature post manchild. I'm pointing out the fact delayed games seem to follow a pattern where then the developer complains they sell poorly and then don't accept responsibility for the delay but then blame the consumer and then stop making future releases or cut back support. It's a nasty little cycle that repeatedly plays out and it's tiresome. Truth be told I was going to buy that game, but I lost interest entirely in the delays so I wouldn't buy it for cheaper on another format anyway. Stuff came out since that got my money instead that was enjoyable too so there was no loss.

Look at EA on Switch. lol, put out a glitchy soccer game with missing features then abandoned the system much like Madden 13 but the difference is Switch is selling and so are the 3rd party games. In fact, it was so weird on Wii U they only released Mass Effect 3 instead of the trilogy. Possibly the trilogy would take extra time on Wii U for whatever reason, but so silly they ported ME3 only when most Nintendo fans never played 1 or 2 and those who had a PS3 or 360 who bought a Wii U likely already played it on those other platforms. Slightly Mad did a KS for Project Cars and the leading platform for the KS was Wii U. Slightly mad kept bragging how well the Wii U version looked..then canceled the game and kept Wii U owners money. While I don't think devs plan to outright sabotage their own games on Nintendo systems but there has no doubt been some shady and just sometimes poor porting choices.
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Post by Jmustang1968 »

These delays and issues happen on all platforms. We have seen what happens when games are rushed and not ready, and they get trashes for being unpolished buggy messes. You guys are wanting on time and good, which yeah that sounds great, but lack a basis in reality. Wanting your cake and eating it too.