Switch Discussion Thread

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Michi
Next-Gen

Re: Switch Discussion Thread

Post by Michi »

If the original isn't an unlockable I will be disappointed.
marurun

Post by marurun »

I am already disappointed.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

marurun wrote:I am already disappointed extremely aroused.

FIFY
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

So if my prefered online retailer is anything to go by, it looks like Street Fighter 30th Anniversary will all be on the cartridge, with no additional download being required. BUT, it does seem to have one of the largest 'Switch taxes' I've seen yet, with the Switch version costing £38.99 and the PS4/XB1 versions costing £24.99. Usually the 'Switch tax' is between £3-£10 here, depending on the game.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Damn yo. The Switch tax in America is usually $10.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

ElkinFencer10 wrote:Damn yo. The Switch tax in America is usually $10.

Yeah, ours isn't usually never more than £10. I checked Amazon and a few other online retailers and yup, it's an extra £14/15 across the board for the Switch version.

This is definitely the biggest Switch tax I've seen yet. Damn, with this and the Mega Man Collection fiasco, you can tell Capcom really, really hate the Switch's cartridges.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

Reprise wrote:
ElkinFencer10 wrote:Damn yo. The Switch tax in America is usually $10.

Yeah, ours isn't usually never more than £10. I checked Amazon and a few other online retailers and yup, it's an extra £14/15 across the board for the Switch version.

This is definitely the biggest Switch tax I've seen yet. Damn, with this and the Mega Man Collection fiasco, you can tell Capcom really, really hate the Switch's cartridges.

Damn! That is SO freaking much! It's to the point where I question why they're even bothering to release it physically if they actually need to mark up the price that much to make money on it :shock:
I mean, it's not like Capcom hasn't taken the digital-only choice before with stuff like the Western releases of Ace Attorney.
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

I think they're more likely taking advantage of the amount of people who bought that other SF2 release. Instead of seeing it as an interested base to just release more games in general, they may be taking it as knowing they have a big pool of blind SF2 fanboy suckers they can just put a high price on knowing they'll mostly pay for it. That's not unheard of, disgusting for sure, but nothing new.

The game itself can't be all that big given what is there and perhaps depending on any existing videos or other routines that gobble up good room it probably should fit into a 1-2GB space which costs far less than releasing it on a 8GB card which is equal to a blu ray on the other 2 systems. It's Capcom just being Crapcom towards it's base again.
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Post by Forlorn Drifter »

I'm just hoping we see some more non-port announcements soon. Some exclusives. There's been a rumor or two of Capcom throwing a Castlevania out, which interests me, as long as the whole damn game is on the cart if it is physical.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

Forlorn Drifter wrote:I'm just hoping we see some more non-port announcements soon. Some exclusives. There's been a rumor or two of Capcom throwing a Castlevania out, which interests me, as long as the whole damn game is on the cart if it is physical.

Konami makes Castlevania.