Switch Discussion Thread

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

Re: Switch Discussion Thread

Post by sevin0seven »

Segata wrote:
Forlorn Drifter wrote:I'm just hoping we see some more non-port announcements soon. Some exclusives. There's been a rumor or two of Capcom throwing a Castlevania out, which interests me, as long as the whole damn game is on the cart if it is physical.

Konami makes Castlevania.

Castlevania makes Konami.
Visit my stores: Mercari Store, sevin0seven RacketBoy Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

sevin0seven wrote:
Segata wrote:
Forlorn Drifter wrote:I'm just hoping we see some more non-port announcements soon. Some exclusives. There's been a rumor or two of Capcom throwing a Castlevania out, which interests me, as long as the whole damn game is on the cart if it is physical.

Konami makes Castlevania.

Castlevania makes Konami.

Castlevania makes Bloodstains.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Konami plays with its tiny metal balls at this point.
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Post by Forlorn Drifter »

Well, they both start with a c/k sound and both make odd business decisions, so it's not like I'm that far off.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

Just heard that you can link up 4 Switchs together in tabletop and play a tournament mode in Street Fighter 30th Anniversary. That's a pretty neat feature that the other versions don't have.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

I don't care if it's "just" another port, I'm very happy that South Park: The Fractured But Whole is comping to the Switch. I really enjoyed The Stick of Truth on the PS3, but the Switch is the only current gen console I currently own. I know The Fractured But Whole is on Steam, but I don't agree with the multiple layers of DRM that comes with it. I'm holding out on buying a PS4 until there's enough games that interest me (that I can't get any where else). Some I'm really glad this is coming to the Switch so I can go back to not caring about the PS4.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

Ziggy587 wrote:I don't care if it's "just" another port, I'm very happy that South Park: The Fractured But Whole is comping to the Switch. I really enjoyed The Stick of Truth on the PS3, but the Switch is the only current gen console I currently own. I know The Fractured But Whole is on Steam, but I don't agree with the multiple layers of DRM that comes with it. I'm holding out on buying a PS4 until there's enough games that interest me (that I can't get any where else). Some I'm really glad this is coming to the Switch so I can go back to not caring about the PS4.

It's a shame it seems to be a full priced release, but I guess it's not that old.

I wanted it on the Switch, but ended up getting on PS4. I might double dip later down the line when it's a bit cheaper. I really enjoyed the game, but the story wasn't as clever and it just wasn't as funny as Stick of Truth. That said, the gameplay was a bit more refined and the battle mechanics in particular were much better. Speaking of Stick of Truth, I'm surprised that one isn't coming too. It was released on PS4, XB1 etc and was free with pre-orders of The Fractured But Whole on those platforms... So Switch owners not only have to pay full price for a nearly one year old game, but also get less for their money that PS4 and XB1 owners got.

Still, that said, I agree, it's good news and I hope to pick it up later after a price reduction or two.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
jrod1986
24-bit

Post by jrod1986 »

dsheinem wrote:
ESauced wrote:
I still think that @dsheinem you can be pretty disrespectful when you disagree with someone. If you enjoy frustrating people keep at it but you already chased someone away from this thread and I’m now hesitant to post if I see you active in a thread.

Seriously, dude, chill the fuck out. Your initial posts (and most subsequent ones) have been full of self-righteous groans and moans about all kinds of extremely petty frustrations you seem to have with Nintendo's choices about how to inform you about how they will be delivering their free rewards to you, the quality of those free rewards, and the idea that you may have to pay for things that you were hoping to get cheaper or for free. OMG NINTENDO WTF ?!?!?!?!!!!!!1!!!

It is all inane, and while I don't mean to drive anyone away...if they have left because I pointed this out to them or because I was having a laugh at their internet rage, well then good riddance.

David, you seriously have one of the shittiest online personalities that I've ever come across.

That said, you were always quite genial in your podcasts--so maybe this is the environment where you get it all out.

You've always struck me as a narcissist. I hope I'm wrong. And if I'm right, I hope you get the help you (sincerely) need.
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

If you need a Shin Megami Tensei fix on Switch you won't have to wait very long for something similar. The Lost Child launches in June in the west. very SMT like.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

So I tried playing with The Switch. The screen looks really good but the controllers are lacking a proper d-pad and the buttons are quite small.

Do you believe the rumors of a Switch Pro? I don't believe Nintendo ever upgraded a console.