Switch Discussion Thread

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Switch Discussion Thread

Post by noiseredux »

Reprise wrote:Is Shantae worth ordering? I'm kinda on the fence. I've never played a Shantae game before and to be honest I think I'm picking up way too many of these 'limited' Switch and Vita games and not playing anywhere near enough of them to justify the premium price.

yeah that's how I'm feeling. I played the first Shantae years ago and it is good. But I haven't even played the other one on Switch yet, so I feel like I can't really jump in on preordering this one. Ugh.

I did preorder Cosmic Star Heroine, though as that was one that I really was holding out for a physical release on.
Omerta
Next-Gen

Post by Omerta »

This Shantae you can wait on and it probably won't be the end of the world. There's a full production 3DS version that you can get used and complete for roughly half the preorder Limited Run Switch price.

This is more or less for uniformity purposes with your Half-Genie Hero Ultimate Edition on Switch and a high likeliness that Risky's Revenge will be a Limited Run Switch title (since it was on PS4). But they can all be reprinted into one package on PS5, Xbox Two, and Nintendo Next just as easy and cheaply if they think they can make some bank.

The games themselves are pretty solid and receive some high praise, but that's not a reason to jump at a higher price either. :)
"Farewell, good hunter.
May you find your worth
in the waking world."
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

well, the other thing is I'm not sure WHICH of the LRG games are going to be available through Best Buy even if we don't preorder as well.
Omerta
Next-Gen

Post by Omerta »

Shantae isn't. The website will tell you if you click on a specific game. As far as knowing before a preorder window, I'm not sure how to tell.

If it's going to be available at Best Buy, the website will tell you all kinds of stuff how you're going to get a super duper neat special foil cover on your artwork and those filthy retail shoppers won't.
"Farewell, good hunter.
May you find your worth
in the waking world."
Arenegeth
24-bit

Post by Arenegeth »

I think I'm going to skip Super Smash Bros. Ultimate for now...

I don't really have space for it in my schedule, and I don't like buying games knowing they're going to be siting unplayed for a long time. Is not like copies are going to disappear anyway.

I'll probably wait to get Pokémon: Let's Go Eevee! later too, is not like I need both versions, I just had a habit of getting both Pokémon releases since Red and Blue.

All in all, this seasonal period I will be spending little to no time with my Switch, last year it was all about the Switch.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

I'm skipping it because the franchise has evolved to a point where it has no personal value to me other than fanservice. I don't like online games much, and given this brawlers setup being so mario party like random in various ways I don't find it enjoyable at all. When the Wii version kicked it into an online mode, and the next release refined it to a smooth situation people really dug it kept detracting more from the single player aspect making it more boring filler than anything else.

With me playing Monster Boy, having others like Dark Souls and Ys I want to tinker with, the possibility I probably have Diablo or that Pokemon game coming in less than two weeks I see enough to do already I'd get far more out of. I also realized I forgot I never snapped up those ACA Nintendo arcade games I wanted like Vs SMB and Punchout too.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

There's many places to find online matches, such as Anthers ladder and various discord servers, along with using battle arenas.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Nothing makes me happier knowing that katamari damacy rerolled on switch is the number 3 best seller behind Diablo 3 and smash bros Ultimate currently on the eShop.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:Nothing makes me happier knowing that katamari damacy rerolled on switch is the number 3 best seller behind Diablo 3 and smash bros Ultimate currently on the eShop.

Still waiting on my copy from Play Asia :(

It was delayed for some reason... (not sure if the physical release was delayed in Japan and Asia or if it's just a Play-Asia thing)
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

I'd have to agree with that about Katamari Damacy on Switch. I hope it stays up, it will show how much of a mistake they made at Namco not doing the games sooner.