Switch Discussion Thread

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Re: Switch Discussion Thread

Post by Xeogred »

Never heard of those! I pretty much only use the Pro and have the Switch hooked up to my TV permanently though.

This morning I caught the AGDQ run of someone playing Puzzle Bobble, haha. I love that game and was excited to hear the Switch has the NeoGeo arcade version! Played some of that tonight.

I'm impressed with how many NeoGeo titles are available. Some of the sci-fi shmups in particular look really cool to me. Anyone dig into any of the NeoGeo offerings? I'm pretty impressed with Puzzle Bobble and all the options/configurations available.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

yeah when docked it's Pro Controller for sure. I love the Pro Controller hard. But off TV play, I'd definitely like a nicer dpad. I might pull the trigger. I'm tempted.

Puzzle Bobble is fantastic. After playing Bust-A-Move Universe last week and being totally disappointed, I might have to just give in and get the NG game instead.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

noiseredux wrote:did anyone get one of those Hori Switch dpad Joycon replacements? I'm considering using up some Amazon credit on one. Though $24 just to replace the dpad... ugh, I'm not sure if it's worth it or not. Plus, I kind of hate that the US ones are all branded instead of just a solid color like the Japanese ones were.

I got one! It's really nice for playing 2D games in handheld format actually. I haven't tested it with any proper 'hardcore' fighters or anything, but it's great for games I refuse to use the stick to play.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
strangenova
Next-Gen

Post by strangenova »

Xeogred wrote:I'm impressed with how many NeoGeo titles are available. Some of the sci-fi shmups in particular look really cool to me. Anyone dig into any of the NeoGeo offerings? I'm pretty impressed with Puzzle Bobble and all the options/configurations available.

I've only picked up Twinkle Star Sprites for that sweet sweet charm and versus shmup action. I want alot of these releases though. I wish they would do an snk collection of the 90s and put a bundle of these on there.

This reminds me, has anyone played Rival Megagun? It's a new indie game that is also a versus shmup. I believe it's also on Xbox and Ps4 as well.
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Post by Forlorn Drifter »

I guess I'm going to have to start buying all these limited Switch releases, despite the fact that I don't have a Switch. Katamari reroll is going for insane prices, and I imagine Super Meat Boy will be the same...
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

Forlorn Drifter wrote:I guess I'm going to have to start buying all these limited Switch releases, despite the fact that I don't have a Switch. Katamari reroll is going for insane prices, and I imagine Super Meat Boy will be the same...

I don't know about Katamari, but Super Meat Boy is up for pre-order on Best Buy right now. It's part of their partnership with LRG.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Katamari Reroll is getting rolled by predators online? Crap. I was wanting that, but later because I've got enough going on more than I'd like right now. I grabbed up a week ago about Starlink for Switch as Target last Sunday put it on sale for $30 ($45 off) and I've been totally surprised how much I'm sucked into it as it eats hours without realizing it (a rarity.) And then the six month old preorder I had for Tales of Vesperia DE showed up yesterday too, and I haven't even unwrapped that yet. :(

I also have over a dozen blu-rays plus the 3 DVD sets of the 3 years of G1 Transformers we never got in the US to watch too subtitled. Time is going to be hard to manage, probably not going to buy anymore Switch stuff for a time, but if Katamari is now into wallet rape territory by jerks I'll have to just keep at Gamestop to get one for what it retails at which sucks.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Reprise wrote:
noiseredux wrote:did anyone get one of those Hori Switch dpad Joycon replacements? I'm considering using up some Amazon credit on one. Though $24 just to replace the dpad... ugh, I'm not sure if it's worth it or not. Plus, I kind of hate that the US ones are all branded instead of just a solid color like the Japanese ones were.

I got one! It's really nice for playing 2D games in handheld format actually. I haven't tested it with any proper 'hardcore' fighters or anything, but it's great for games I refuse to use the stick to play.

Got one and it's awesome!
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Wait are you guys just talking like this thing?
https://www.amazon.com/HORI-D-Pad-Contr ... 01AJRN4CE/

I thought you literally meant "only" the d-pad itself, lol...
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Yes that. It's excellent.