Switch Discussion Thread

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
bmoc
Next-Gen

Re: Switch Discussion Thread

Post by bmoc »

fastbilly1 wrote:I am waiting on the coop rundown. So far they have said pass the joycon. Which is great for portability, but not what i am looking for in coop (camera controls on second stick make Musou games alot more enjoyable). Or you know online coop.

That's why I never "upgraded" my copy of Hyrule Warriors to the Switch from the Wii U. Hyrule Warriors coop was really great on the Wii U with one person on the gamepad screen and the other person on the TV.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

bmoc wrote:
fastbilly1 wrote:I am waiting on the coop rundown. So far they have said pass the joycon. Which is great for portability, but not what i am looking for in coop (camera controls on second stick make Musou games alot more enjoyable). Or you know online coop.

That's why I never "upgraded" my copy of Hyrule Warriors to the Switch from the Wii U. Hyrule Warriors coop was really great on the Wii U with one person on the gamepad screen and the other person on the TV.

That’s how I’ve been playing the game with my daughter. The cop-op on the Wii U version is really first class, even if it makes the game a bit too easy on “normal” difficulty.

BTW...I play as the story characters, but she always plays as Medli, I have not purchased any of the DLC packs; so, I have no idea how she unlocked her. Moreover, her character is over level 30, ridiculously over-powered, and routinely racks up 1500+ KOs per game. We call her the Duck of Death since she basically flys around the battlefield absolutely wrecking everything in sight.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

The perfect way to play
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

Medli was added with a free patch like the boss characters were. A really cool free addition to make the game that much more Zelda-tastic~ :D
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Pretty slick, though the "limited time" (for a digital release??) is bizarre. Nintendo gonna Nintendo.

Of course I already have the Fami cart. 8)
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

What the heck is happening at Nintendo on March 31st, 2021? Why all the limited releases ending on that day?
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

bmoc wrote:What the heck is happening at Nintendo on March 31st, 2021? Why all the limited releases ending on that day?

I know. It’s such an arbitrary date. They better be announcing a new console or streaming service or something then. I’ll be picking it up, even though I also have the Fami cart. $6 seems fair for a new, official translation.
opa
128-bit

Post by opa »

Cool to see a new localization but the limited-time digital crap needs to stop.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

opa wrote:Cool to see a new localization but the limited-time digital crap needs to stop.

I expect to see the launch of a Nintendo retro gaming streaming service around that time. It would not surprise me at all.