Switch Discussion Thread

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Re: Switch Discussion Thread

Post by Tanooki »

Wow that is stunning. I have a few of them through GoG but got demotivated by all the bed fails I had over a year ago and it kept killing my work so I erased them. These at least would be stable. I am very tempted to get Baldurs Gate again. HMMM
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

Still waiting on that Metroid Prime Trilogy HD port, Nintendo!
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
Arenegeth
24-bit

Post by Arenegeth »

Reprise wrote:Still waiting on that Metroid Prime Trilogy HD port, Nintendo!

The were some rumors when the delay of Metroid Prime 4 was announced, that they have the game 'done' already but for some reasons are delaying the release.

I don't buy rumors, but if they didn't announce it when the delay of 4 happened, to sweeten the pot as it were, they may be saving it for around E3 time, when they do their big Direct.

It will be really surprising to me if the Trilogy is not announced and subsequently released some time by the end of the year, it shouldn't be hard to port, given the work done for the Wii U release already, and any possible tweaks/Pro Controller support shouldn't be hard to implement either.

And it would go a long way in holding fans over until 4 finally gets released (possibly by 2022).
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

Wasn't the Wii U release just a digital version of the Wii release? I mean, the Wii U was backwards compatible with the Wii, so I assume they just slapped that version on the Wii U's eShop.

I really hope it is announced soon and we don't have to wait too long. I have been following the rumours since they first started a year or so back. I have a real itch to play through the MP trilogy and I do own it on Wii, but I don't have any desire to play those games with motion controls on the Wii... I'm half tempted to pick up Metroid Prime 2 on Gamecube, so I can play through 1 and 2 without motion controls, but, you know, I don't want to waste money on that if there's a release on Switch just around the corner... Although the rumours have said it's ready and an announcement is imminent for over a year... :roll:
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

strangenova
Next-Gen

Post by strangenova »

Yeah I just read an article this morning, saying there would be a direct on Wednesday to announce MP trilogy and Super Mario Maker 2.
Arenegeth
24-bit

Post by Arenegeth »

Reprise wrote:Wasn't the Wii U release just a digital version of the Wii release? I mean, the Wii U was backwards compatible with the Wii, so I assume they just slapped that version on the Wii U's eShop.

I looked into it and you are correct.

I don't think they even bothered to upscale it to 720p (as in rendering)! No Wii U pad support, no nothing, straight up emulation job of the Wii original, and they also charge $20 for it, which may not have been so bad given the prices the original physical release fetches these days, but Dolphin is a thing so...

I was under the impression they improved something, but guess not.

Still, if the Switch release is the same old emulated port, I have zero interest, I expect a full 1080p rendering, Pro Controller support, physical release.

strangenova wrote:Yeah I just read an article this morning, saying there would be a direct on Wednesday to announce MP trilogy and Super Mario Maker 2.

That's based on Emily Rogers 'rumors' that have proven very spotty in the past, so I wouldn't hold my breath based on that. Guess we'll find out soon though, but again I hope this is a proper HD remaster and not a sloppy-job of the Wii version.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

I stopped listening to those rumours the third time I heard 'Metroid Prime Trilogy HD will be announced at [insert event].' We must be on about the 4th or 5th Metroid Prime Trilogy HD rumour now, right?

And yeah, it needs to be more than just the Wii version upscaled. It needs to be the definitive version with support for multiple control options, and 1080p.

Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

While that would be nice, I wouldn't hold my breath about it.

I would imagine you'll get the God of War 1 and 2 to HD treatment Sony did years back for PS3. Take the game, upscale original assets to 720p and then call it a day. I don't see them investing more since the WiiU bombed so they have less interest in adding more to something they can just pop over and introduce to an eager and quality size audience larger than the last sold by a mile.

I'd take it either way, but now if it were just the original games with those jacked up waste of c-stick as a visor in play I'd not even want to be PAID to use it. I still have the original game as it is and the HDMI adapter on my GC so it would have no benefit. Since I don't use my Switch for pointing, if they mapped out stick #2 as a dual stick control setup I'm on board. If I had to play the thing on my TV to use detached joycons that would be less acceptable but fine still as I prefer handheld mode.
strangenova
Next-Gen

Post by strangenova »

It seems the rumors are true of Direct coming tomorrow. Maybe the rumors of MP Trilogy will be true as well. The only thing Nintendo said is more info on Fire Emblem
Damm64
Next-Gen

Post by Damm64 »

I'll take a simple polished port of metroid prime trilogy any day. The wii version is nice but motion controls never click with me. I dont mind a port of that metroid 2 remake of the 3ds on the switch too.
noiseredux wrote:I don't lend shit and I don't borrow shit.