Switch Discussion Thread

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Switch Discussion Thread

Post by noiseredux »

I really hope to hear a physical Wargroove announcement soon.

Dragon's Dogma is def one I'm looking forward to. (You gotta bookmark this thread, Reprise haha).
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

You're now intriguing me about it, and I didn't care about it before after I saw it was like another Advance Wars kind of style of game.

That's pretty unique that they allow not just for single and multi playing styles, but you can cross play and make your own stages to save and play as well. Most games didn't do that, though I remember years ago Age of Empires II did with choices.

I do not have a lot of future Switch games at this time I know I'd definitely want to pick up and play yet, but it's also just January so info tends to be a bit dry pre-E3. Dragon's Dogma is a slight possibility, depends how it handles and vast it is if I'd bother blowing money on it. I may have to watch an hour or two of clips of real world play on youtube to decide on that one.

As it is I have to handle Vesperia, Starlink and a few others anyway which are time sinks as they're big.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Tanooki, did you already pick up a copy of Starlink?
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

noiseredux wrote:I really hope to hear a physical Wargroove announcement soon.

Dragon's Dogma is def one I'm looking forward to. (You gotta bookmark this thread, Reprise haha).

+1 on hoping for a physical release of Wargroove. I'm assuming one of those Limited Run Games companies will pick it up soon enough.

And yeah, I really do need to keep up to date with all things Switch and check this thread more regularly haha.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

noiseredux wrote:Tanooki, did you already pick up a copy of Starlink?

Yeah I got it the day it went up for sale at $30 through Target like 2 weeks ago. They did that, the week after Best Buy did, and now I don't think anyone has it marked down as it seems to roll around periodically.

I put it on hold as I've wanted to play Vesperia for a long time and it arrived shortly after which was bad timing. I'll go back to it, just like I'll in time go back to Diablo 3 for the adventure mode that unlocked. I also for my kid not to get sad I'll need to commit some more time to the Crash Trilogy from christmas as well. So I'm not all broke up about not seeing much in the future months coming I'd pay for.

Also I got this insane deal on a PS1 game I've wanted like 20 years that arrived too that'll be a time drop -- Lunar Silver Star Story Complete. Bought it through facebook from the original owner, map has only once been unfolded, book is immaculate as are the disc more or less, case too, and only set me back $50 which is why I did it. I'll have to definitely make time for it.
strangenova
Next-Gen

Post by strangenova »

https://nintendowire.com/news/2019/01/2 ... ic-titles/

Did anyone else see this article?
It's not much but the prospect excites me none the less.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Metroid prime 4 is starting from scratch due to lack of quality. Retro is being brought in to help with consultation. Nintendos video informing us is very candid and honest. Transparency is the best policy.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Arenegeth
24-bit

Post by Arenegeth »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:Metroid prime 4 is starting from scratch due to lack of quality. Retro is being brought in to help with consultation. Nintendos video informing us is very candid and honest. Transparency is the best policy.

Is nice that they're letting us know about it, but it'd be nicer if they didn't mess it up to begin with.

It is also sad that the game won't be coming out in 2019 (or 2020 for that matter) so only Bayonetta 3 and Daemon X Machina are the big games left to look forward to for me in the immediate future (but I'm not sure Bayonetta 3 is going to make 2019 either).

All in all, I think is a good thing that they are fixing it and giving it more time, because I don't think the series could survive another Other M.

What we need in the meantime is a release of the Trilogy on the Switch.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Arenegeth wrote:
BogusMeatFactory wrote:Metroid prime 4 is starting from scratch due to lack of quality. Retro is being brought in to help with consultation. Nintendos video informing us is very candid and honest. Transparency is the best policy.

Is nice that they're letting us know about it, but it'd be nicer if they didn't mess it up to begin with.

It is also sad that the game won't be coming out in 2019 (or 2020 for that matter) so only Bayonetta 3 and Daemon X Machina are the big games left to look forward to for me in the immediate future (but I'm not sure Bayonetta 3 is going to make 2019 either).

All in all, I think is a good thing that they are fixing it and giving it more time, because I don't think the series could survive another Other M.

What we need in the meantime is a release of the Trilogy on the Switch.

I feel like a metroid prime trilogy is a must as well. Something in the late summer to fill the gap
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
marurun

Post by marurun »

Bandai Namco Singapore was rumored to be the studio on the project prior to this restart. Hopefully they can at least re-use some of the art assets. Retro may be missing a lot of the original staff who worked on the previous Prime titles, but they have some continuity, at least.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.