Switch Discussion Thread

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Re: Switch Discussion Thread

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Arcade Archives now releasing games by Seibu Kaihatsu. Gonna get some Raiden on Switch boyos.
marurun

Post by marurun »

Holding out for Raiden 2
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

Ys Origin for the Switch! Physical edition preorders go on sale tomorrow at Limited Run Games. Release date is supposed to be this year.
chupon
Next-Gen

Post by chupon »

Maybe I’m the only one but I’ll be picking this up only to play Legacy of the Wizard in my Switch. Love this gem!

Now if they would only port Deadly Towers. Totally serious here.

Back in the late 80s these games were the best open world Game you could play. Bigger, longer, and more difficult than Zelda and Metroid. Broken yes but that was part of the challenge. These were the games you had to draw maps for. This was hard core NES gaming. This was 1980s Dark Souls.

Yes, I’m the guy who buys the Genesis Collection on Switch for Kid Chameleon and not Phantasy Star.

If you really hate on Legacy of the Wizard you are doing it wrong. Not trying to start a flame war. Just excited about LotW on Switch!
Buy / Sell / Trade List: viewtopic.php?t=17958
Last updated: 11-10-16

PS3 ID: dakkenblackblade 360 ID: dakkenblackblad
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

I have finished Legacy of the Wizard, but I must say I don’t rate it myself. It’s ambitious but the execution leaves a lot to be desired.
opa
128-bit

Post by opa »

I played LotW as a kid but when you get a game like that second-hand, no manual, no magazine or game guide... not very surprising that I didn't get very far!
Cool music though.
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

My kids have finally killed my Joy-Cons. Both are drifting pretty noticeably and the left stick won't fully register the up position. Has anyone sent in their Joy-Cons for repair to Nintendo recently? I'm wondering how long it will take.
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

Two of my joycons had bad drift. Cotton tip with under the 'dome' of the analog stick fixed both them, months later both are still working.
TheSSNintendo
128-bit

Post by TheSSNintendo »

bmoc wrote:Ys Origin for the Switch! Physical edition preorders go on sale tomorrow at Limited Run Games. Release date is supposed to be this year.

I would love to see more Ys games on the Switch. Gladly will take another version of Oath in Felghana.
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

emwearz wrote:Two of my joycons had bad drift. Cotton tip with under the 'dome' of the analog stick fixed both them, months later both are still working.

I took apart one of my Joy-Cons shortly after first getting it in 2017. Once again due to a child related incident. They kicked over a drink and it splashed onto the Joy-Cons. I managed to clean it up just fine but it sure was a pain to take apart and put back together.

Since Nintendo is repairing them for free, I'm just going to take my chances. I've got a Pro controller and a wired controller to get me by in the meantime. I appreciate the suggestion though! Maybe my kids will be more gentle with the Joy-Cons if they have to live without them for a while.