Switch Discussion Thread

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Re: Switch Discussion Thread

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Those Konami collections are funny. Anyone notice how Haunted Castle in on the arcade one? I mean, it is an arcade game... but it's also a Castlevania game. :lol:

Anyone grab the Sega Ages games? Something like Gain Ground... is that the arcade or Genesis version?
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

I turned my Switch on today for the first time in a while. Naturally there was a system update. After the system restarted, I noticed I don't have audio while docked. I don't know if this was pre or post update, but there's definitely no audio now.

I've turned the system off and on a few times, and taken out of dock mode and back in. Still no sound in dock mode. Sound works fine in handheld mode though.

Anyone else experience this?
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

Ziggy587 wrote:I turned my Switch on today for the first time in a while. Naturally there was a system update. After the system restarted, I noticed I don't have audio while docked. I don't know if this was pre or post update, but there's definitely no audio now.

I've turned the system off and on a few times, and taken out of dock mode and back in. Still no sound in dock mode. Sound works fine in handheld mode though.

Anyone else experience this?

I'd check the settings, could be a typical: "We've changed the default on this one thing that was working just fine for you, but now broke something. You're welcome!"
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

I actually did check the settings. Didn't see much pertaining to audio. It was already set to surround, so I switch it to stereo and momo but that didn't do anything.
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

Post by sevin0seven »

Ziggy587 wrote:...Anyone else experience this?

I had. When it happened to me (while docked) usually I just restart both the TV and Switch; and the audio will come back on again. It seems like this happens after an update or when an unsupported USB device is plug in.

If that fails; here's what NA support says regarding the audio issue:
https://en-americas-support.nintendo.co ... s-undocked
Visit my stores: Mercari Store, sevin0seven RacketBoy Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Well, I'm an idiot. Turns out I had the wrong audio type selected on my receiver for that input. Not sure how that happened. But I SWEAR that I lost audio on the Switch when docked before and I had to cycle to undocked and back to restore it. That's why I didn't think of the receiver (and especially because I don't remember switching that setting!).
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Breath of the Wild is receiving full vr support through Labo vr and Mario oddysey will have support in three kingdoms with new missions.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

This is getting a Switch remake:
Awesome.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

Heads up, in a 'hold my beer' moment in response to Capcom's ludicrous practises involving excessive mandatory downloads for Switch physical games, Bethesda has decided to go one step further and just stick a download code in a box and call it the Switch "physical" version of Wolfenstein Youngblood.

PS4 and XB1 versions will be a full physical release with a disc, the Switch version is a code in a box.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

hey dudes, PSA: Super Mario Lost Levels, Punch-Out and Star Soldier (and a Kid Icarus SP) are all on Switch Online today.