Switch Discussion Thread

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
garrett123
64-bit

Re: NX Predictions Thread

Post by garrett123 »

I bet it will be even more social and connect with both the Pokemon and Mii apps they are making for the smartphones.
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

I'm not 100% sure they'll stick with the name "NX," but it'd certainly be preferable to ANYTHING with "Wii" or "DS" in the title. How long will it take them to learn that that kind of naming scheme confuses the average consumer?! They need to make it absolutely clear that this is a new console that plays new hardware: Not just some add-on or peripheral for the Wii/Wii U. They could honestly even call it the Wii 3 for all I care, as long as there's some indication of difference and progression.

As far as hardware is concerned, I can't really be arsed to guess. I'm no good at that kind of prediction, but seeing as it is Nintendo, I can certainly bet it'll be something different from the norm.
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
Fragems
Next-Gen

Post by Fragems »

I really thought "Revolution" was an awesome name what ever loony decided the Wii sounds better definitely didn't understand the American market.
darsparx
Next-Gen

Post by darsparx »

Well wii definitely made it sound more "casual" like they seemed to be going for. Don't get me wrong I love the wii and it has some awesome games but even I had to scratch my head at that one. Heck n64's Project reality or ultra 64 sounds better than what we got back then so eh...
My gameroom
My systems: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, original gba, gba sp(001), ds lite, 3ds, vita, psp, PSone(101 model) ps2, ps3(320gb model), ps4, retron 5, and Dreamcast.

bogusmeatfactory wrote:Ever feel like a wild gazelle in the wilderness?
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

darsparx wrote:Well wii definitely made it sound more "casual" like they seemed to be going for. Don't get me wrong I love the wii and it has some awesome games but even I had to scratch my head at that one. Heck n64's Project reality or ultra 64 sounds better than what we got back then so eh...

I liked the name Wii, but not in lieu of Revolution. That name was boss. Ultra 64 also would have been much better. I think they should call the new console the Nintendo Gamegasm.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

darsparx
Next-Gen

Post by darsparx »

ElkinFencer10 wrote:Nintendo Gamegasm.

I can see the angry parent groups or angry kids(because those angry parents wouldn't buy them the system). Definitely wouldn't fly :lol:
My gameroom
My systems: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, original gba, gba sp(001), ds lite, 3ds, vita, psp, PSone(101 model) ps2, ps3(320gb model), ps4, retron 5, and Dreamcast.

samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

darsparx wrote:I can see the angry parent groups or angry kids(because those angry parents wouldn't buy them the system). Definitely wouldn't fly :lol:

Remember when the DS came out and "serious news journalists" got parents groups riled up at the thought that chester the molester was going to picto-chat all the innocent babies?
darsparx
Next-Gen

Post by darsparx »

Nope, because I wasn't on the internet for news or even really read it. Hell my sister got a ds before I did(pissed me off too and gave me a really distorted view of the system's library for years....and I wanted it first she didn't even know about the thing or really care for that matter). Heck she tossed most of the stuff though I've recovered bits and pieces that didn't hit the trash everytime she manages to clean different parts of her room...they're not great games but ehh :roll:
My gameroom

ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

darsparx wrote:
ElkinFencer10 wrote:Nintendo Gamegasm.

I can see the angry parent groups or angry kids(because those angry parents wouldn't buy them the system). Definitely wouldn't fly :lol:

How about the Nintendo Abyss?

Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

ElkinFencer10 wrote:
darsparx wrote:Well wii definitely made it sound more "casual" like they seemed to be going for. Don't get me wrong I love the wii and it has some awesome games but even I had to scratch my head at that one. Heck n64's Project reality or ultra 64 sounds better than what we got back then so eh...

I liked the name Wii, but not in lieu of Revolution. That name was boss. Ultra 64 also would have been much better. I think they should call the new console the Nintendo Gamegasm.

Do you think Dolphin would've been a better name for the GameCube then? I'm not entirely convinced it would've been, but Ultra 64 does sound a bit cooler for coolness' sake. I imagine they went with "Nintendo 64" for brand recognition purposes (Nintendo Entertainment System --> Super Nintendo Entertainment System --> Nintendo 64) especially in an age where most people just called it "The Nintendo" anyway.
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me