Switch Discussion Thread

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Michi
Next-Gen

Re: Switch Discussion Thread

Post by Michi »

Strictly Limited games is going to be releasing Velocity 2X on 1/27 (as well as Wonderboy Returns on PS4. )

Just thought I'd let everyone know in case they were interested.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

oh damn sons looks whats coming to switch
https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/p ... ian-switch
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

so Lightseekers is awesome. I wish more of y'all were into card games.
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

PIRANHA PLANT RELEASED FOR SMASH BROS TODAY!
As well as the 2.0.0 update in general. A few new spirits (literally like 5 + Piranha Plant's one for Classic Mode) as well as some mechanical balancing, you can now press both jump buttons at once to do a short hop, and apparently quick play's matchmaking and loading is WAY faster now. All good stuff ^w^
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

There's more than one jump button? I'm such a noob at this game.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Post by Forlorn Drifter »

I'm really curious to see what Nintendo and the third parties have up their sleeve this year- my rumor person (I have an official Nintendo rumor person IRL now lol) swears up and down that there are some big old bombshell announcements coming.

I'm just kind hoping for Pikmin 4 tho.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

Great shout on Layers of Fear Legacy, Noise! You probably don't remember recommending it to me - it's been so long - but I finally received the LRG release at the start of the week and I've been absolutely addicted ever since. I've never felt genuinely scared playing a horror game where nothing can actually physically harm you or kill you before, until Layers of Fear.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
marurun

Post by marurun »

Rumors abound that Nintendo is working on the next Zelda game. I really do hope they keep some of their open-world stuff and don't go too far back toward elaborate dungeons. I realize that's an unpopular view around here, that folks want their massive, linear dungeons. But I rather liked the smaller, more flexible challenges. Maybe if they found ways to make those dungeons more open and variable the way the overworld was in BotW...
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

marurun wrote:Rumors abound that Nintendo is working on the next Zelda game. I really do hope they keep some of their open-world stuff and don't go too far back toward elaborate dungeons. I realize that's an unpopular view around here, that folks want their massive, linear dungeons. But I rather liked the smaller, more flexible challenges. Maybe if they found ways to make those dungeons more open and variable the way the overworld was in BotW...

Unpopular nothing, they go back to the old formula Hyrule is DEAD to me. That franchise got so horribly rerunny and stale I was just getting the last few games just because they came out. I found little enjoyment, little thrill beyond a few hours or so, then I'd slog it out for a time and then walk away and mentally subconsciously make excuses to write it off by playing something else realizing it or not. When I did start to see that pattern it like Mario Kart and Smash Bros was dead to me. The only reason I have it is that they dumped that tired shitty re-run format and went with an open experience with a living world to travel through, figure out how not to die in so easily, and expand the life, armor, and abilities through foods, items, and gear. That whole layout re-invigorated my interest into a 50+hour playthrough with hours a day with little break in days between. I didn't even realize the time I was dropping while the last many games I felt like I was doing hours in 2-3 which is bad.

If people want a more central dungeon back I could see going there to a point, but only as a blend of what BOTW did. Still have challenge shrines for beefing up stuff, but instead of the walking/flying giants that have the land their in plus them being the dungeon, have a more general dungeon and boss. I could take that, but if it went back through all the other tired crap Zelda has little strayed from since 1987 I'm done with it again.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Yeah there were new job postings around specifically asking for some terrain artists and designers for the next Zelda project.

I loved BoTW but that's the big thing I'd change for sure, bring real dungeons back. There were those few islands that were those giant towering mazes... imagine a real dungeon the scale of something like those with the open world nature, so you can enter and exit through various points. I think that'd be pretty cool. I did like how the giant beast dungeons morphed and all but yeah, bring the real dungeons back!