Switch Discussion Thread

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Re: Switch Discussion Thread

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

ElkinFencer10 wrote:it feels a little bit like a mix of Link to the Past and Ys.
it's EXTREMELY short

I see no problems.

Also, a French eShop account???
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

Bone if you didn't know. It's super easy to create an alt region account. You have up to 8 accounts on a Switch. Go to my Nintendo and sign up and just choose the region. I currently have 3 accounts. My Main as Segata for the US. Japanese account under the name Adol and a European account under the name Shulk. Of course, you can change your name at any time. I trolled my friend who was streaming with the name Pen Island like the website except well you know made into a compound word. Penisland..again like the website.
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

Or, you can just change your accounts region, buy what you want (if it accepts your card) and then change back.

I have done this with game codes, etc. But when you change regions, you lose whatever credit you have left, so don't do that for eshop vouchers.

Also Carnivals and Legends for Pinball Fx 3 which has two paid tables is currently free on Switch (until Dec 19). Also free on all other platforms but ios.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Are there notable games that are exclusive to Japan and Europe right now? I made an alternate Google Play account for this reason, never been motivated to do so with a console.
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

Eh..maybe if you like the Nobunaga's Ambition? Sometimes other regions received demos of RPGs and other games earlier than the US. Over time I'm sure more of that will happen of exclusives games to a certain region. As it stands now all regions are mostly the same but Japan does have a few others don't.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Stern Pinball Arcade switch is out today, went and picked it up and it's fun. 11 tables for $40. Only issue so far is slow load times into the table hall and then into the table itself (and back out to the hall.) They're a bit long for sure, nightmare like compared to instant load on a mobile phone/tablet which sucks. Not sure if it is that way docked, did the game handheld mode for Star Trek, Ghostbusters and Starship Troopers. It's a fun package totally worth it.
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

Post by dunpeal2064 »

The End is Nigh is now out on Switch! Neat little physical edition that comes with a full color manual and little squishy Ash blob thing.

The game is absolutely lovely so far. If Super Meat Boy is Edmund's Mario, and Isaac his Zelda, this is his Metroid. Still a huge focus on platforming ala SMB, but with freely explorable world, full of secrets and collectables.

You even collect NES carts which allow you to play mini games at your house. One of the carts, which was a 7 screen single life affair, took me well over an hour to complete.

Highly recommend, if this looks like something you think you would enjoy, you will. If you have not liked Edmund's games prior to this, however, I don't think this one will sell you either.
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

This is happening. THQ Nordic just announced it. Also coming to PS4 and Xbox in Physical form. Switch port will come after other versions.

bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

Xenoblade 2 has a patch coming down the pipe soon.

For patch 1.1.1, available 12/22:

-Tiger Tiger will add an Easy mode
-Skip Travel from X button will direct you to your current map layer, also makes it easier to select skip travel / salvage points
-mini map from pressing L stick will add zoom feature, making it easier to find features and quest objectives
-Bug fixes involving 2 early side quests, and a cutscene in event theatre.
-Along with the patch, items for owners of expansion pass will be distributed:
10x rare crystal
1x legendary crystal
3x overdrivve protocol
30,000 ether crystal for poppiswap
5x Pyra's favorite item "Jenerossi Tea"
5x Nia's favorite item "Ardainian Bear Carving"

Also coming next year are additional quests, new game+ (won't require expansion pass), as well as other QoL updates. In new game+, you will be able to team up with "certain blades"; blades such as Pyra and Mythra can be assigned to merc missions; certain blade's lv4 special will also be unlocked!

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Xenoblade_Chro ... g_on_1222/

The X button change is most welcome. It should have been that way from the start. That was really my only major beef with the game.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

Fascinating on Titan Quest. There's a new expansion out there, too. I hope they go physical on the Switch version, and that it doesn't suck performance-wise. Of all the Diablo-style games out there, TQ may have been the best.