Switch Discussion Thread

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Re: Switch Discussion Thread

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

I saw that. I’ll be picking up the original Burgertime so that I can not loop it on yet another platform. Also...how’s Halloween Night? I was curious about it, but I didn’t find much information on it.

Finally...The Demon Crystal is 90% off in the eShop right now; so, anyone looking to get their fix of a Japanese home computer game from the 1980s should be set.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Halloween Night seems okay. Kind of a beat 'em up platformer thing. I only played like 5 minutes for testing purposes.

I've been downloading tons of Arcade Archives stuff. Wanna eventually "catch up" to the point where I have all the games I want and then can maybe buy one new game per week when they launch on Thursdays. I'm not grabbing everything, some games I'm just not interested in and others I own elsewhere (those damn useless SNK games...!).
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Has anyone here played:

Gigantic Army
Wuppo: Definitive Edition

Both look totally awesome. The first is a spiritual successor to games like Cybernator and Target Earth, and the second looks like a bizarre run-n-gun adventure puzzle-platformer with Yoshi’s Island graphics. I can’t find much by way off reviews for either, though...Any advice on these is appreciated!
marurun

Post by marurun »

Gigantic Army is fun, but SUPER short.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:Has anyone here played:

Wuppo: Definitive Edition

While it wasn't the Definitive Edition, I beat Wuppo on PC a couple years ago~. It's a neat little adventure game with some Metroidvania elements, but I'd say it's much more action'adventure than Metroidvania. The game is more-so about platforming, exploring, and progressing the story. While there is combat and even bosses, they aren't the main focus of the game, and you never really get much more powerful or much more mobility than you start the game with. It's a quirky, interesting game that I'd say is totally worth checking out if you think footage/screenshots/descriptions seem interesting ^w^
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Thanks, guys. Your opinions mean more to me than reviews. I’ll probably end up grabbing both. Thanks!
opa
128-bit

Post by opa »

Anyone played Vaccine? It seems interesting as it's a rogue-like-ish throwback to the old Resident Evil games but the critic reviews seem unhappy with it (not that they necessarily know what they're talking about most of the time).
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

I thank God every day for Arcade Archives. Finally, I have an opportunity to play NAUGHTY BOY by Jaleco. Stunning.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

These upcoming Namco Museum compilations are rather intriguing. The second one actually includes Legacy of the Wizard. Yes, the Falcom ARPG and fourth Dragon Slayer game. Namco was the publisher of the Fami release.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:These upcoming Namco Museum compilations are rather intriguing. The second one actually includes Legacy of the Wizard

I’ll try not to hold that against it.