Switch Discussion Thread

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Segata
Next-Gen

Re: Switch Discussion Thread

Post by Segata »

Mario Odyssey is a gorgeous game. Could have fooled me this is on weaker hardware. Having a lot of fun with it. So far feels like the best 3D Mario since 64.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Segata wrote:Mario Odyssey is a gorgeous game. Could have fooled me this is on weaker hardware. Having a lot of fun with it. So far feels like the best 3D Mario since 64.

I'd call it the best Mario game, 2D or 3D, ever, personally. But yeah, as was the case with both Wii and Wii U, Nintendo has proven that they have voodoo magic capable of getting relatively weak hardware to produce some BEAUTIFUL games.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

Hmm. I can't put any Mario game over SMW personally.
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

Yesterday I managed to snag an Amazon lightning deal on Mario + Rabbids for $30. My son has been begging for it since it came out. Since we already had his Christmas presents squared away, we are saving it for his birthday in January.

Also the wait for Xenoblade 2 is almost over! Less than a week to go now. Early "reviews" have been pretty positive.

Lastly, I am real tempted to get some of the eShop games that are on sale. I am Setsuna and Puyo Puyo Tetris are almost in impulse buy price range.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

Much like the Zelda series, I'm more partial to the 2D entries. I don't think it's above SMB3 in my personal pecking order, but it's absolutely the best of the open-world games.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

I actually cancelled my pre-order on Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Nothing against the game, but I already own the original twice (once on Wii, once on 3DS) and Chronicles X on the Wii U and I've not completed either.

I've come to the conclusion the games probably aren't for me and I should stop wasting money on games that I'm not going to play properly. Nothing against the series, but I'm going to be spending less on video games for a while.

Maybe I'll pick it up later some time. I hope it is really good for those who enjoy the series.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Welcome to my world. I'm going through that now and have been for a time.

I wrote off that Switch game (and WiiU when I had it) completely due to the 3DS redo of the Wii release. Right now I'm thinking of doing another purge of a couple of systems on the whole because I can't get to the stuff and it is now where I even buy stuff and play it (love it) like twice but can't find the time to go back. 3DS would be one as I got little into Metroid or Mario & Luigi SSS which bothers me. I'd rather eat losing $10/ea on those reselling them and tossing the other 10 games with the system out as it bothers me. The other would be my dozen Famicom games or so and a handheld with it along with a honeybee.

It sucks when you find something you'd like but time is a killer whether it's one game or a small stack of them that just rot and go nowhere.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Loved Mario until I got to the boss rush in the post game.

Slowly working my way through gathering everything...
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

fastbilly1 wrote:Loved Mario until I got to the boss rush in the post game.

Slowly working my way through gathering everything...

Yeah, this.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

I'm at 370 moons and died in the boss rush. I realized I don't want to do that nor get every moon. I know there are more rewards but some of this is just too much for me. I got all 120 shines in Sunshine when it came out and it burned me bad. I like this game too much to allow myself to get burned on it.