New Pokemon details tomorrow

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
econoemu
16-bit

New Pokemon details tomorrow

Post by econoemu »

Pokemon fans unite! Nerdleaks.com posted info about the new Pokemon Sun and Moon. There seems to be claims of a hoax behind it but we shall see tomorrow.
Adventure!
darsparx
Next-Gen

Re: New Pokemon details tomorrow

Post by darsparx »

Doubtful, the glossy part of the logos seems a little off to me from what nintendo might publish though i could be wrong. I'd rather they just announce they're forgoing the seperate versions or reinstating that better third version like they were doing for the longest time...
My gameroom
My systems: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, original gba, gba sp(001), ds lite, 3ds, vita, psp, PSone(101 model) ps2, ps3(320gb model), ps4, retron 5, and Dreamcast.

bogusmeatfactory wrote:Ever feel like a wild gazelle in the wilderness?
econoemu
16-bit

Post by econoemu »

It would be awesome if they did something like making a third version of the games again. As for if its a hoax or fake title we shall see tomorrow. It will just be cool to see a new release after the remakes and re-releases.
Adventure!
darsparx
Next-Gen

Post by darsparx »

I mean but here's the patent registration:

https://oami.europa.eu/eSearch/#details ... /015148919

So yeah I guess we'll see. I hate the fact they haven't been doing the third versions. I usually hold out for those and I love them. Or at least I'd rather them all you to buy both on the same cart(like FE fates is doing with the SE)
My gameroom
My systems: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, original gba, gba sp(001), ds lite, 3ds, vita, psp, PSone(101 model) ps2, ps3(320gb model), ps4, retron 5, and Dreamcast.

econoemu
16-bit

Post by econoemu »

darsparx wrote:(like FE fates is doing with the SE)

Only if they actually make enough to actually meet the demand. I was shocked at how fast they pulled the special edition but that's a topic for another day. :evil:
Adventure!
darsparx
Next-Gen

Post by darsparx »

They didn't pull it, the limited stock of that ran out quick. (I managed to preorder and finally get mine found and held for me...). Might be interesting if they do end up calling it that though. I have kinda hated the naming scheme for the last few that weren't remakes. The rock names were interesting but colors(first gen was excusable but black and white just seemed desperate) and letters(especially since they didn't finish it out with z) was kinda annoying...
My gameroom

econoemu
16-bit

Post by econoemu »

To argue whether or not Special Edition should have been called Limited Edition is just an avenue I don't want to go down. *shrug*

As for naming, Sun and Moon is kinda cool. Naming it after planets could have an interesting outcome. I also agree that not having a Pokemon Z released was a bit of a bummer.
Adventure!
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

Last gen kinda left me Pokemon'd out. Maybe it's because I was just expecting X/Y to have a story that wasn't utter trash after how much I liked the story in Black/White, but for some reason I was just so done with X/Y after I beat the main story. I really dug all of the changes they made to the game mechanically, as far as the new type and more transparent meta-stats go, but it just didn't hook me :/

I think I may just use it primarily as a language learning tool from now on (buying versions I'm familiar with in foreign languages to help with my study of them).

Naming scheme is cool though. I'll certainly look at it, but I might treat 7th gen as I've been treating the remakes: I'll certainly play them if I can find them fairly cheap, but I'm not breakin' down any doors to get them on day one.
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

I actually own quite a few of the games, but I haven't put any serious time into any of them since Blue. That's when I pretty much glommed on to anything that was an RPG.
yaktaur
8-bit

Post by yaktaur »

Getting excited by a new Pokemon game just reminds me that I never beat X :-/