Games becoming Nintendo Selects on March 11th

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Re: Games becoming Nintendo Selects on March 11th

Post by CRTGAMER »

strangenova wrote:
darsparx wrote:CRT: how did you not know that about the manuals? I've never seen a 3ds or wii u title with a manual. I know they're doing it to save paper/money but come on....I'd rather have a physical manual. Please nintendo kill some trees XD
Smash bros for wii u came with a little manual and shovel knight comes with a glorious manual filled with artwork and tips and it's just so good.

The original did come with a game manual.

Found the link for the PDF version, at least can print it just to get something inside the case. Now to sort out how to reduce to get the margins correct for the game case. I don't think there is a direct PDF to game cover conversion program. :?

Original NTSC English Pikmin 3 Manual
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/gameslist/manuals/WiiU_Pikmin_3.pdf

PAL English Pikmin 3 Manual
https://cdn02.nintendo-europe.com/media ... in3_EN.pdf

Other Game PDF Manuals
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/manuals/wiiu.jsp

BUY PIKMIN 3 NOW, WILL DEFINITELY GO UP IN PRICE!

Last edited by CRTGAMER on Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

strangenova wrote:I like manuals alot. I often find myself looking through gameboy and genesis manuals and just laughing at the stories and cheesy jokes, or checking out spell lists for rpgs and such. I love when they used to include mini maps

Dont get me wrong. I dig stuff like that.

It's just those things hadn't been in manuals for over a decade anyway, even before they started getting rid of the things.
darsparx
Next-Gen

Post by darsparx »

strangenova wrote:
darsparx wrote:CRT: how did you not know that about the manuals? I've never seen a 3ds or wii u title with a manual. I know they're doing it to save paper/money but come on....I'd rather have a physical manual. Please nintendo kill some trees XD

Smash bros for wii u came with a little manual and shovel knight comes with a glorious manual filled with artwork and tips and it's just so good.

Weird I guess I've never bothered to look in those(mostly because I haven't bought them I think). I just kinda assumed they forgoed them completely. I loved the quirky ones in gba and such and it stinks they stopped doing them like that and mostly not doing them at all either kinda sad...
My gameroom
My systems: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, original gba, gba sp(001), ds lite, 3ds, vita, psp, PSone(101 model) ps2, ps3(320gb model), ps4, retron 5, and Dreamcast.

bogusmeatfactory wrote:Ever feel like a wild gazelle in the wilderness?
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

Some do have them. DKC Tropical Freeze definitely does for the original release. There are plenty of others that don't, and other systems are even more sparse - most Vita games are literally just the card in the case for instance, with no health/safety leaflets/etc.

That said, I think Nintendo's model (at least) is not to point to a web-based manual, but instead to put a digital one in the game's software package (I think others largely do this too).
While shaving costs off of producing the physical product likely plays into it, putting a focus on digital manuals is both logical and necessary. Digital games benefit from a consistent way to include a manual in general, and incorporating that into the game/console UI regardless of having a digital or physical copy is user-friendly.
A printed manual these days is more like a further addition.

Personally, I don't think physical manuals are that big a deal. From a collecting standpoint, I want the game to be "complete", but if it never had one to start with, I'm not too worried.
laurenhiya21
Next-Gen

Post by laurenhiya21 »

Lame, Amazon seems to have already sold out of Pikmin 3 copies so third party sellers seem to already be upping the price :l Definitely no where near $80 like it was before, but I really need to snag a copy sooner rather than later.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

laurenhiya21 wrote:Lame, Amazon seems to have already sold out of Pikmin 3 copies so third party sellers seem to already be upping the price :l Definitely no where near $80 like it was before, but I really need to snag a copy sooner rather than later.

Gamestop's site has them in stock. You don't get the 20% and free shipping you would on Amazon (if you're a Prime member, anyway), but it's there and a little cheaper than paying the current prices on Amazon.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

laurenhiya21
Next-Gen

Post by laurenhiya21 »

ElkinFencer10 wrote:
laurenhiya21 wrote:Lame, Amazon seems to have already sold out of Pikmin 3 copies so third party sellers seem to already be upping the price :l Definitely no where near $80 like it was before, but I really need to snag a copy sooner rather than later.

Gamestop's site has them in stock. You don't get the 20% and free shipping you would on Amazon (if you're a Prime member, anyway), but it's there and a little cheaper than paying the current prices on Amazon.

Oh ok, I'll probably check Fred Meyer first (since I'm pretty sure I saw a copy and I wouldn't pay shipping on that ha) but I forgot about Gamestop so thanks XD
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

laurenhiya21 wrote:
ElkinFencer10 wrote:

Oh ok, I'll probably check Fred Meyer first (since I'm pretty sure I saw a copy and I wouldn't pay shipping on that ha) but I forgot about Gamestop so thanks XD

I saw that Target's online store has them, as well, when I was pre-ordering my Timmy and Tommy Nook amiibo this morning. Same price (probably works out about the same with shipping and stuff), but if you'd rather not give your money to Gamestop, that's an option.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Fragems
Next-Gen

Post by Fragems »

Bestbuy also has them in stock and if you have Gamer's Club Unlocked you get 20% off all new games with free store pick up or free shipping for orders over $35.

Got a $15 GC from BB for preordering The Division plus had enough reward points built up to bump up to a $20 rewards certificate so I'll probably go ahead and pick up Pikmin 3 even though I don't have a Wii U yet.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

I found a seller yesterday who HAD a pile of replacement original release WiiU cases and Manuals! However, all 229 sold out so I left a message asking for a hold in case any transactions did not go thru.

The seller sent me an EMail and just posted only TWO more Pikmin 3 cases and manuals for $5.99+$2.99 shipping. Well, this game now cost me almost an extra ten bucks to make it CIB, thanks a lot Nintendo. Not that I will ever sell, I now have an option to make the game CIB original or CIB Selects. :?

Still one more at the Ebay link, unless someone snags it!

Pikmin 3 Wiiu Wii u - REPLACEMENT CASE & INSTRUCTIONS - NO GAME <$8.98 Shipped>
"NO GAME INCLUDED! REPLACEMENT GAME CD CASE AND INSTRUCTIONS ONLY! EVERYTHING LOOKS PERFECT! EXCELLENT CONDITION! Increase the value of your game by having the box and instructions!"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pikmin-3-Wiiu-W ... RK:MESE:IT

CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425