The Super Mario Maker Thread

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Ziggy

Re: The Super Mario Maker Thread

Post by Ziggy »

NICE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLbw55FV4Lg

The only thing that sucks is now I'll want to tweak a few levels again.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

Looks amazing!

I just fired up Super Mario Maker for the first time in months. Haha a bunch of people have 'liked' and commented on my levels in my absence. Including one guy who was not very happy with one of my levels and said it seemed unfair and too difficult. So I replayed the level in question and he's right! - fuck that level! What was I thinking? :lol:

So yeah, I'm actually pretty excited to try making some more levels soon. It's been a while and that update looks great (didn't even play the last few updates, when they added checkpoints etc).

I checked out a couple of your levels, Ziggy and Bogus. I need to catch up and check out everyone's new levels.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
Cronozilla
Next-Gen

Post by Cronozilla »

I'm definitely excited about the new tools.

I figured everyone here will probably like this: https://youtu.be/GlezT6arSZM
darsparx
Next-Gen

Post by darsparx »

Uploaded my first course...super cheap :lol:

3A3E-0000-01F8-2C3E
My gameroom
My systems: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, original gba, gba sp(001), ds lite, 3ds, vita, psp, PSone(101 model) ps2, ps3(320gb model), ps4, retron 5, and Dreamcast.

bogusmeatfactory wrote:Ever feel like a wild gazelle in the wilderness?
darsparx
Next-Gen

Post by darsparx »

Not to double post but here's one:

Lost Castle: AE9F-0000-01F9-333B

Edit: wow only a 22% completion rating so far...that's rich it's not that hard at least I didn't think I'd made it that hard ha ha :lol:
My gameroom
My systems: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, original gba, gba sp(001), ds lite, 3ds, vita, psp, PSone(101 model) ps2, ps3(320gb model), ps4, retron 5, and Dreamcast.

strangenova
Next-Gen

Post by strangenova »

darsparx wrote:Not to double post but here's one:

Lost Castle: AE9F-0000-01F9-333B

Edit: wow only a 22% completion rating so far...that's rich it's not that hard at least I didn't think I'd made it that hard ha ha :lol:

Yeah I always think my levels aren't that hard and then they get like a 5% completion rate. It's definitely easier for you to play your level since you know how it ticks but people are bad at mario, also, I think.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

It's not only that. Plenty of people play a level, die once and quit.
darsparx
Next-Gen

Post by darsparx »

Apparently. I just checked all four levels i uploaded(two I didn't post in the thread here because they're just about as bad as the cheap cheap one. Not really hard but one is a copy of the other and kind of ashamed of that one. I've got a idea for a course but yeah that one is going to take awhile to make(especially since I'm going to have to block off the "ending" because the true "ending" will be in the sub area...once they work from the first areas beginning to end.. Just gotta figure out how I'm going to do it XD
My gameroom

Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Here's a pretty neat level: https://youtu.be/iQBcLuWsAMc?t=9m8s
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

I always found it odd that they picked such a date, but...

TOMORROW IS THE 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF SUPER MARIO MAKER (for NA, anyway)!

Who's still playing? Activity in this thread has definitely dropped off. I've fired the game up here and there for some short bursts, but I haven't put any real time into it for a while now (too many other games). I'll think I'll spend some time with it this weekend though. I've been wanting to mess with the new items added in the last update. Tweak some old levels, maybe make a new level or two.