The Super Mario Maker Thread

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Ziggy

Re: The Super Mario Maker Thread

Post by Ziggy »

New levels!

SMW Forest of Illusion 4 REMIX (2384-0000-035E-735F)

SMB3 Level 1-1 Remake (3C50-0000-035E-BF03)
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Stuff about rating system...
Ziggy587 wrote:
Ziggy587 wrote:Just uploaded an update to one of my levels...

Amiibo Costume Fiesta! (v2) - 90ED-0000-029B-B4F8

It's mostly cosmetic updates. Now that keys exist, I made the boss battle mandatory. I also added red coins to unlock a hidden secret (it's just another Amiibo Costume).

Nintendo deleted this level. No one starred it, and looking at my notifications only 4 or 6 people even played it! It's a shame that if you want to build "normal" levels you have to accept that you wont get any stars, and not even a lot of plays. What motivation do I have to build "normal" levels if no one is gonna play them? If it weren't for this thread, I bet a lot of my levels wouldn't have gotten many plays/stars.

Rube Goldberg levels get stars and plays, people don't care to star anything else! Even my auto play level, which isn't a Rube Goldberg machine, didn't get a lot of stars (relative to Rube Goldberg auto play levels). It's kinda bullshit. As for normal levels, it's clear that unless it's very short and very easy, most players wont even finish it. My Amiibo level was long, as long as I could make a level. But it was (I thought, anyway) well crafted. I still have the original version uploaded, but v2 was so much better. I'm kinda pissed that it got banned. It was probably my best normal level that I made.

/rant

My Mario SMASH !! level was uploaded on 9/14 and so far has only had 1 play and ZERO stars!
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Oh god ziggy you are speaking some truth. There has to be some sort of gimmick involved to get any stars. I recently looked back at my levels and people still play them and star them, but I am sure it is because more stars and plays means more people get referred to your levels.

I started with that grass roots campaign to get people playing, offering positive feedback and encouragement and then asked to check my stuff out and they did.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
strangenova
Next-Gen

Post by strangenova »

Ziggy587 wrote:Stuff about rating system...
Ziggy587 wrote:
Ziggy587 wrote:Just uploaded an update to one of my levels...

Amiibo Costume Fiesta! (v2) - 90ED-0000-029B-B4F8

It's mostly cosmetic updates. Now that keys exist, I made the boss battle mandatory. I also added red coins to unlock a hidden secret (it's just another Amiibo Costume).

Nintendo deleted this level. No one starred it, and looking at my notifications only 4 or 6 people even played it! It's a shame that if you want to build "normal" levels you have to accept that you wont get any stars, and not even a lot of plays. What motivation do I have to build "normal" levels if no one is gonna play them? If it weren't for this thread, I bet a lot of my levels wouldn't have gotten many plays/stars.

Rube Goldberg levels get stars and plays, people don't care to star anything else! Even my auto play level, which isn't a Rube Goldberg machine, didn't get a lot of stars (relative to Rube Goldberg auto play levels). It's kinda bullshit. As for normal levels, it's clear that unless it's very short and very easy, most players wont even finish it. My Amiibo level was long, as long as I could make a level. But it was (I thought, anyway) well crafted. I still have the original version uploaded, but v2 was so much better. I'm kinda pissed that it got banned. It was probably my best normal level that I made.

/rant

My Mario SMASH !! level was uploaded on 9/14 and so far has only had 1 play and ZERO stars!

Yeah I've had a couple levels get banned due to low player traffic on them. Kind of kills the fun of making them and putting them out there. I havent even played mario maker in months, I'm sure another one has gotten banned.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

I have Super Mario Maker for WiiU. I know I'm late to the party, but I freaking love this game!

I don't have any kind of internet connection at home, so I'm just playing offline.

2017 is a great time to be getting into WiiU stuff. 8)
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

samsonlonghair wrote:I don't have any kind of internet connection at home, so I'm just playing offline.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! The only other RB member besides myself currently playing the game and we can't share levels!

Congrats on getting it, all the same. It's such a fantastic game.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

Ziggy587 wrote:
samsonlonghair wrote:I don't have any kind of internet connection at home, so I'm just playing offline.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! The only other RB member besides myself currently playing the game and we can't share levels!

Congrats on getting it, all the same. It's such a fantastic game.

Ha ha ha! That's life I guess. :lol:

I will let you know if I get internet at home. We've been talking about it on and off for two years now, but there's never any money to spare.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

(Assuming you have a cell phone with data) I wonder if you could tether your Wii U to your cell's data connection. I doubt Mario Maker needs cable model speeds to upload levels, although who knows if there's some sort of minimum connection check or something. Also, Mario Maker has had some great additions through free updates. It would definitely be worth it to take your Wii U to a friend's house or work or whatever just to update the game.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen

Post by samsonlonghair »

Ok, I will take my WiiU to work tomorrow. I don't think this console has ever been updated as long as I've owned it.

Anything I need to know for Super Mario Maker? Want to share your levels with me?
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

First post of this thread contains level codes for a bunch of us. You really only need to input one level code, then you can get to the rest of that user's levels from there. Since you will only have an internet connection for a limited time, you can download user's levels to play them later. So that's probably what you'd wanna do.